Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:23 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,584,927 times

Advertisements

Yeppers, many of these legal hustles are just "fundraisers". In the past I have beat some by just throwing them away, as long as your not licensed in that state, then when you finally show up in court 4 or 5 years later, the officer either moved away or could not remember anything that far back.
Getting ready to drive from Nevada to Utah right now, where the legal speed limits are 70 or 75 outside of town, and MOST of it is outside of town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,567 times
Hey, a little off topic but...

I just recently got a parking ticket in Houston for parking my motorcycle on a striped handicapped area next to a handicapped space. I was nowhere near the space. My motorcycle is registered in Nevada and I have NEVER had any trouble with this in any of the states that I have travelled to.

It's a $205 fine... I don't have the money to pay that stuff, what can I do in this situation?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:01 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times
I'm the OP..

So I just returned from court for a parking ticket (yeah I know it's only 37 dollars) . When the judge called me up he asked how do I plead, I said I'd like to see the prosecutor, he said "over a Parking Ticket?! He is veryy busy".. I said yeah I wanted to talk to them.. then the judge said "why don't u tell me instead".. I told him I wanted a verified complaint filed from the witness.. he said "this police officer IS the witness, that's his signature".. so I asked if there's a notary for it.. he said "there are no notaries in this court, this ticket IS the notary"... so then I just pleaded not guilty.. they asked me to write my name and address so I did that, then the cop took it and said "you can go, you'll be notified"... so I left and now I'm expecting something in the mail.............. I had the least severe reason for being there yet I was the one who excited the judge, he seemed very calm talking to drunks and vandalizers and bad drivers setting up a payment plan for them, but when I got up there...:::www he's a criminal!!::::

Old 11-13-2009, 07:57 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,447 times
I admire your persistance, now you'll probably have to get a new date in court to get a hearing. I would have just payed the ticket ($37) and moved on. You must have a lot of free time...

Old 11-13-2009, 08:17 AM

587 posts, read 2,178,314 times
thanks for wasting more of our tax dollars and clogging up the system on your ridiculous case that you know you are guilty as charged. Please own up to your mistakes and stop this foolishness.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumra View Post
thanks for wasting more of our tax dollars and clogging up the system on your ridiculous case that you know you are guilty as charged. Please own up to your mistakes and stop this foolishness.
Tax dollars my butt. I'm not wasting anything. But there were many young folks there being put on payment plans who don't even have a job. I'm not gonna feed this system. I've paid plenty of parking tickets in the past. If I don't think one is justified I won't pay.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
I admire your persistance, now you'll probably have to get a new date in court to get a hearing. I would have just payed the ticket ($37) and moved on. You must have a lot of free time...
Yea I have a lot of time and I actually enjoy court. A lot of people have this freetime lately because it's not like we're working 2 jobs. I might pay the fine, or might change the date to maybe avoid the cops shift. I could never work in law. A judge like this is essentially a payment/sentence assigner and partial for the cop.. tax dollars my butt..

Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 PM

I had the parking ticket dropped so I only had to pay the $10 court fee. Prosecuter said its a 60 dollar ticket. I don't know but I learned I wasn't the only one there fighting a parking ticket.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:19 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,584,927 times
Good deal. I remember once some guy on Court TV who had a full jury trial over a seat belt ticket and won.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:36 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I had the parking ticket dropped so I only had to pay the $10 court fee. Prosecuter said its a 60 dollar ticket. I don't know but I learned I wasn't the only one there fighting a parking ticket.
Happy dance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey