Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 AM

5 posts, read 20,695 times

Advertisements

Considering moving with my family (kids 8 &9) to Princeton Junction. My husband just took a job in Skillman so we are relocating from NY. It appears that it is a very diverse area as far as enthicity. I was wondering if anyone can give me some opinions on this. I was also curious about the school district. I have read that it is an excellent school district.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 08:00 AM

3,026 posts, read 8,995,576 times
The West Windsor-Plainsboro School District is very good (and very diverse).

But for an easier trip to Skillman, you could also look at Princeton, Hopewell, Montgomery and Pennington. All very good districts.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:54 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,938,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itkt View Post
Considering moving with my family (kids 8 &9) to Princeton Junction. My husband just took a job in Skillman so we are relocating from NY. It appears that it is a very diverse area as far as enthicity. I was wondering if anyone can give me some opinions on this. I was also curious about the school district. I have read that it is an excellent school district.

Thanks!
If your husband took a job in Skillman (which is actually part of Montgomery Township), then you should try to live in Montgomery. I like Montgomery more the WWP personally. Really nice town and great school system. (This is as long as you are not commuting to NYC for work, then there might be more convenient towns). Montgomery includes Skillman, Belle Mead, Rocky Hill and there is a part that has a Princeton zip that is made up of townhouses.

WWP is has a very large Asian community (Chinese, Indian..). Most of the towns around there do have large Asian communities, but Montgomery probably a bit less so than WWP and South Brunswick.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:55 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,938,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
The West Windsor-Plainsboro School District is very good (and very diverse).

But for an easier trip to Skillman, you could also look at Princeton, Hopewell, Montgomery and Pennington. All very good districts.
Hopewell is a good choice too.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,491,032 times
I recommend all communities except Hopewell. All (WW-P, Princeton, Hopewell/Pennington [same school district], and Montgomery have great school systems.

WW-P is the most diverse (in the sense of largest nonwhite communities, mostly Asian), while Hopewell is the least diverse.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:29 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,907,935 times
All are excellent school districts. Find the house, neighborhood you like and you'll be fine with schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey