Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:48 PM

91 posts, read 358,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swb212 View Post
As I've said previously, I'm not a fan of any of them but Christie is just a terrible candidate in particular. And he hasn't given me a single reason to believe he would be anything but a terrible governor. He has no concrete ideas, doesn't come across as particularly knowledgeable or trustworthy, and basically seems like he's in way over his head most of the time. Small-time capo, maybe. Governor, no.
On the other hand Corzine has had some very concrete ideas on how to bankrupt the NJ taxpayers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 PM

72 posts, read 108,009 times
If Tom Kean Jr., Doug Forrester or Bret Schundler were running today, this wouldn't even be close. I honesty have no idea how my republican party ended up with Chris Christie. Based on the multiple "lapses of judgement" coming out of him, he gives me the feeling that if he somehow wins this race on Nov. 3rd, we have not seen or heard the last of Christie's questionable judgement & behavior. I hope I am wrong. He strikes me as very well entrenched in the game of political rewarding & payback. You scratch my back & I'll stratch yours type of politician. Again, I hope he does well if he wins.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:27 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,832 times
I've read other polls today stating that Christie is ahead, so I think it is going to be close.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:30 PM

72 posts, read 108,009 times
MPB- we are both republicans. From me to you....

You have to take your blinders off once in a while. You cannot shelter yourself within the "Tea party nutwings, the high school dropout twins of Limbaugh & Hannity. All the crap they spew is made for uneducated joe the plumbers in the south & the midwest. Northeastern republicans have never been fooled by these morons.

Any republican feels pain to point out some simple facts for all to ponder.

Obama & his democrats are spending & budgeting billions for what?

Bailed out the banks & literally stop the collapse of economy as we know it.
Spent money on minimizing the Auto Industry disaster
Spent money on giving Extended Unemployment to MILLIONS upon Millions of laid off americans
Spent money on trying to increase activity in the real estate & auto sales thru 1st time buyer credits & clunker programs for autos
Plans to spend money of the MUCH NEEDED overhaul of our healthcare system. ( unless one is some right wing fanatic, most republicans including business owners like myself Acknowledge the need to Fix our healthcare system which is choking & costing this country a fortune)
ETC ETC ETC

Bottom line: Obama is spending money FOR AMERICANS & FOR AMERICA.

UNLIKE, our Former President ( who I voted twice for) who spent $ 1 trillion & blew our deficit for what???? TO BUILD an ARAB COUNTRY & fund Two wars & help some foreigners in the middle east.

Left our Economic policy in NEARCOLLAPSE! Not seen since the G Depression 70 years ago.

You think McCain could have turned this around ????? What, thru Tax cuts???

The last time I checked, We were suppose to be the political party who loves america & our people. We are the real patriots. Yet, we lost All that & even refuse to spend a dime on millions of american victims of the economic collapse.

Let me leave you with something to think about....

There is a REASON that in the 60 year history of Gallup polling, George W. Bush set a new record as the Most Unpopular President of All time( even beat Nixon)
There is a REASON that TODAY, our party has the LOWEST APPROVAL RATING in the last 35 years of polling by ABC & Reuters.
There is a REASON we LOST CONTROL of the SENATE, the HOUSE, and the GOVERNORSHIP in dramatic back to back landslides of 2006
There is a REASON Mccain lost by a landslide
There is a REASON we lost among Voters making over $150K
There is a REASON we lost among Voters with a College Degree
There is a REASON we lost among Voters with Masters & Doctorate degrees
There is a REASON we lost the Catholic, Jewish, Muslim vote ( how often do you see Jews & Muslims agree on something ???- that's how bad we've become as a party)
There is a REASON we lost the Women's vote
There is a REASON we lost the Jewish, Asian-American, Latino, & African-American vote across the nation
There is a REASON we ONLY won in ONE REGION ( the good old south) & got swept across the country

All these things I mentioned All occured. I did not make it up nor did you.

Americans today understand WHY we are in this hell hole ! Thats why they kick us out.

As long as we allow the "uneducated Joe the Plumbers, Rush & Sean to CONTROL our party- we will NEVER get out of this hole."

Old 10-31-2009, 07:51 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
What's wrong with Reese Witherspoon that you put her on the same list with Rhea Perlman?
She's got that strange mouth about her...and her forehead...wouldn't be surprised if she had her adam's apple shaved away.

Quote:
Maybe it's me though...I'd rather have an ugly governor that could make New Jersey at least somewhat affordable again as opposed to a good looking one that continues to squeeze people out.
I don't disagree at all.

Quote:
I'm not talking about either candidate, just in general because frankly, neither of these guys is going to do a bit of good.
Corzine has already proven to be a joke, Dagget is a Corzine appointee...so I'm voting for the one who isn't Corzine and has never served in his camp.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:40 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,695,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
MPB- we are both republicans. From me to you....

You have to take your blinders off once in a while. You cannot shelter yourself within the "Tea party nutwings, the high school dropout twins of Limbaugh & Hannity. All the crap they spew is made for uneducated joe the plumbers in the south & the midwest. Northeastern republicans have never been fooled by these morons.

Any republican feels pain to point out some simple facts for all to ponder.

Obama & his democrats are spending & budgeting billions for what?

Bailed out the banks & literally stop the collapse of economy as we know it.
Spent money on minimizing the Auto Industry disaster
Spent money on giving Extended Unemployment to MILLIONS upon Millions of laid off americans
Spent money on trying to increase activity in the real estate & auto sales thru 1st time buyer credits & clunker programs for autos
Plans to spend money of the MUCH NEEDED overhaul of our healthcare system. ( unless one is some right wing fanatic, most republicans including business owners like myself Acknowledge the need to Fix our healthcare system which is choking & costing this country a fortune)
ETC ETC ETC

Bottom line: Obama is spending money FOR AMERICANS & FOR AMERICA.

UNLIKE, our Former President ( who I voted twice for) who spent $ 1 trillion & blew our deficit for what???? TO BUILD an ARAB COUNTRY & fund Two wars & help some foreigners in the middle east.

Left our Economic policy in NEARCOLLAPSE! Not seen since the G Depression 70 years ago.

You think McCain could have turned this around ????? What, thru Tax cuts???

The last time I checked, We were suppose to be the political party who loves america & our people. We are the real patriots. Yet, we lost All that & even refuse to spend a dime on millions of american victims of the economic collapse.

Let me leave you with something to think about....

There is a REASON that in the 60 year history of Gallup polling, George W. Bush set a new record as the Most Unpopular President of All time( even beat Nixon)
There is a REASON that TODAY, our party has the LOWEST APPROVAL RATING in the last 35 years of polling by ABC & Reuters.
There is a REASON we LOST CONTROL of the SENATE, the HOUSE, and the GOVERNORSHIP in dramatic back to back landslides of 2006
There is a REASON Mccain lost by a landslide
There is a REASON we lost among Voters making over $150K
There is a REASON we lost among Voters with a College Degree
There is a REASON we lost among Voters with Masters & Doctorate degrees
There is a REASON we lost the Catholic, Jewish, Muslim vote ( how often do you see Jews & Muslims agree on something ???- that's how bad we've become as a party)
There is a REASON we lost the Women's vote
There is a REASON we lost the Jewish, Asian-American, Latino, & African-American vote across the nation
There is a REASON we ONLY won in ONE REGION ( the good old south) & got swept across the country

All these things I mentioned All occured. I did not make it up nor did you.

Americans today understand WHY we are in this hell hole ! Thats why they kick us out.

As long as we allow the "uneducated Joe the Plumbers, Rush & Sean to CONTROL our party- we will NEVER get out of this hole."
Lets talk about NJ.

Two of Corzines promises would be to stop corruption and lower taxes. Corruption and taxes in NJ are at an all time high.

He has done nether and that's reason alone to kick him to the curb.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:45 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Lets talk about NJ.

Two of Corzines promises would be to stop corruption and lower taxes. Corruption and taxes in NJ are at an all time high.

He has done nether and that's reason alone to kick him to the curb.
Yeah but this time he means it

I'm sure the urban machines, public worker's unions and South Jersey's Norcross machine are dropping a pantload over the thought of a Corzine win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey