Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:28 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Politics is all about charisma and looks. Both candidates are lacking in both.

Christie turned out to be not as charismatic as he might have been. People feel like Corzine doesn't understand them. Well, I'm not sure they feel any better about Christie at this point.

On looks, Christie's weight is a negative.
I don't know about charisma and looks. Bush won twice. Do I need to say more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 06:21 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
new jersey has had bad luck with governors and maybe that is why they have the highest property tax rate in the country, as well as this:

New Jersey's State/Local Tax Burden Highest in Nation
Estimated at 11.8% of income, New Jersey's state/local tax burden percentage is the highest in the country, well above the national average of 9.7%. New Jersey taxpayers pay $6,610 per capita in state and local taxes.

New Jersey's 2009 Business Tax Climate Ranks 50th
New Jersey ranks 50th in the Tax Foundation's State Business Tax Climate Index. The Index compares the states in five areas of taxation that impact business: corporate taxes; individual income taxes; sales taxes; unemployment insurance taxes; and taxes on property, including residential and commercial property. Neighboring states ranked as follows: New York (49th), Pennsylvania (28th) and Delaware (10th).

New Jersey's Individual Income Tax System
New Jersey's personal income tax system consists of eight brackets and a top rate of 10.75% kicking in at an income level of $1,000,000. Among states levying personal income taxes, New Jersey's top rate ranks 3rd highest nationally. New Jersey's 2006 individual income tax collections were $1,213 per person, which ranked 10th highest nationally.

more sad statistics for NJ can be found here:
http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/topic/44.html

i don't care which candidate people vote for, but they need to find somebody besides the reigning governor....

Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:

Christie turned out to be not as charismatic as he might have been. People feel like Corzine doesn't understand them. Well, I'm not sure they feel any better about Christie at this point.

...and Corslime is bald. So what.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:18 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times
Quote:

Exactly. And total rhetoric. On looks, Obama and Michelle LOSE every time too. So does Dave Letterman, Jay Leno, Will Farrell, Billy Bob, Bill Murray, Seal, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Buscemi, Willem Dafoe, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Rhea Perlman, Rick Moranis, Madonna, Jack Nicholson, Jim Carrey, Michael Jackson...doesn't mean they can't (couldn't ) still perform in their "job".

People who VOTE because they fell for charismatic BS artists and "charmers", let alone those who actually take into consideration how "cute" a candidate is should NEVER be allowed to vote. How much more shallow and stupid can a voter be?

What ever happened to voting based on the issues and not what a candidate looks like?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:04 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Exactly. And total rhetoric. On looks, Obama and Michelle LOSE every time too. So does Dave Letterman, Jay Leno, Will Farrell, Billy Bob, Bill Murray, Seal, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Buscemi, Willem Dafoe, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Rhea Perlman, Rick Moranis, Madonna, Jack Nicholson, Jim Carrey, Michael Jackson...doesn't mean they can't (couldn't ) still perform in their "job".

What's wrong with Reese Witherspoon that you put her on the same list with Rhea Perlman?

Maybe it's me though...I'd rather have an ugly governor that could make New Jersey at least somewhat affordable again as opposed to a good looking one that continues to squeeze people out. I'm not talking about either candidate, just in general because frankly, neither of these guys is going to do a bit of good.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:25 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,924 times
Isn't is worth giving Christie a try though? Corslime has done NOTHING to help NJ. Anyone is better than voting in slimeball again.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:04 PM

28 posts, read 71,898 times
the last time the American people decided to give someone a try ( despite serious reservations by many & having the Supreme Court even step in because first time in 100 years- the supposed losing candidate won the popular vote) was 2000.

We ended up with this guy named George W. Bush to try. 8 years later, OUR ENTIRE NATION, OUR ENTIRE STATE is on OUR Knees Economically. $500 Billion dollars of Surplus WASTED, this guy left 8 years later with $ 1 Trillion in Deficit, Near Economic Collapse of the Banking System, historic levels of unemployment, once wealthy states within the Union like California, Florida, NJ, MI in financial chaos.

Who else should we try? McCain ? Schundler? Maybe Palin? or just Christie? 8 years of this fellow partymate as President. 12 of 14 years of his partymates controlling congress as well.

And what? The once mighty america is down & out. Almost collapsed in September 2008.

Try? I don't know about that. This sounds like some Weight Loss Diet that you want us to try.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:14 PM

72 posts, read 108,031 times
Folks, there's a reason Daggett is hanging around in poll numbers despite being a virtual unknown with no funding. There is a reason Chris Chistie is not winning this race by a landslide.

Its CHRISTOPHER CHRISTIE !!! He's the reason Daggett is still in the race with double digit support. Its why this Corzine is shockingly still in this race.

It's chris Christie who cannot seem to Convince Jerseyans that he can be trusted & that he is even the best person to manage NJ during these tough times.

And I'm speaking as a lifetime republican. This guy CC is just weak. If we had a strong national economy right now, Corzine would be winning this race by a landslide.

Its one thing to be so boring & having a dry personality like this Corzine. But being borderline Obese & having repeated patterns of very questionable unethical behavior while running on moral leadership is really really a big turnoff to people.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBERSPACE View Post
the last time the American people decided to give someone a try ( despite serious reservations by many & having the Supreme Court even step in because first time in 100 years- the supposed losing candidate won the popular vote) was 2000.

We ended up with this guy named George W. Bush to try. 8 years later, OUR ENTIRE NATION, OUR ENTIRE STATE is on OUR Knees Economically. $500 Billion dollars of Surplus WASTED, this guy left 8 years later with $ 1 Trillion in Deficit, Near Economic Collapse of the Banking System, historic levels of unemployment, once wealthy states within the Union like California, Florida, NJ, MI in financial chaos.

Who else should we try? McCain ? Schundler? Maybe Palin? or just Christie? 8 years of this fellow partymate as President. 12 of 14 years of his partymates controlling congress as well.

And what? The once mighty america is down & out. Almost collapsed in September 2008.

Try? I don't know about that. This sounds like some Weight Loss Diet that you want us to try.
The Dems controlled congress and how many billions are we in the hole for now, that Obama is in office?

Old 10-28-2009, 03:30 PM

94 posts, read 330,606 times
As I've said previously, I'm not a fan of any of them but Christie is just a terrible candidate in particular. And he hasn't given me a single reason to believe he would be anything but a terrible governor. He has no concrete ideas, doesn't come across as particularly knowledgeable or trustworthy, and basically seems like he's in way over his head most of the time. Small-time capo, maybe. Governor, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey