Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,256 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on their stores, grooming capabilities?

Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 03:56 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,515,246 times
I watched a women grooming a dog in the new Kinnelon store. She was doing a nice job! The dog looked content, she looked like she knew what she was doing. I think the key is get someone who is experienced, not a young kid. This was a middle aged groomer.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:51 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,953,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sligogirl View Post
Any thoughts on their stores, grooming capabilities?

Thanx
They're fine. I like that you can watch. It depends on the groomer of course as far as the final outcome, especially if it's a hair cut.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:22 PM

316 posts, read 942,935 times
Petco is fine for picking up doggie treats, but for grooming? hell no. I suggest finding a REAL groomer. I've heard too many horror stories about groomers at petco and petsmart.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieguns View Post
Petco is fine for picking up doggie treats, but for grooming? hell no. I suggest finding a REAL groomer. I've heard too many horror stories about groomers at petco and petsmart.
Thanks Mikieguns
Was having second thoughts about chain store groomers..
The groomer in this store, (near relatives), appeared to be very young, I watched for a while but saw nothing but standard puppy cuts.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:47 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,419,499 times
I dont know that anyone can generalize about grooming dogs at PetsMart or PetCo or anywhere else - it w/b like giving advice about certain salon chains, restaurants etc - some are good, some aren't - it's the luck of the draw. Have had good luck w/ local groomers and not-such-good luck w/ them - it all depends. Heard of a case where a young dog was groomed at a chain and its ear got knicked and it later needed surgery (owners were upset and came home early after the call, the dog was being boarded when it was being groomed near the end of its stay). I don't think the groomer's age makes a difference, their experience should though but it also depends if they're patient or are in a rush etc.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:01 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,361,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I watched a women grooming a dog in the new Kinnelon store. She was doing a nice job! The dog looked content, she looked like she knew what she was doing. I think the key is get someone who is experienced, not a young kid. This was a middle aged groomer.
Heeeey, now. I'm a "young kid" (sort of), and I know how to groom - but I also had classes on it in high school.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:12 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,515,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Heeeey, now. I'm a "young kid" (sort of), and I know how to groom - but I also had classes on it in high school.
well my dear your good and a professional , let that shine thru!!!! Not all young people are as stable, hardworking and smart as you. Now the key to doing a great job is become the next Sally Hershberg of dog grooming. Start inventing the Meg Ryan hair cut for dogs. Start inventing a style for dogs hair. Haha, celebrity dog groom to the stars, EB2!!!

We have the Jennifer Anston on the Irish Setter, The Meg Ryan on the collie, The Farrah Fawcett on the Huskie!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey