Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,761,631 times

Advertisements

I would like to do some research on some of these people for the lesser known positions...

Is there somewhere that I could view every thing that I am gonna be able to vote on in the booth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,244 times
Looks like there are sample ballots online by county.

Google found this:
Quote:
SAMPLE BALLOT
Quote:
Sample ballots are mailed to all registered voters one week before each election. The sample ballot is verification of your registration; contact your county clerk or Board of Elections if you do not receive one. Sample ballots contain the following information:
  • Location of your polling place
  • Hours polls are open
  • Public questions (general election only)
  • Offices to be voted on, candidates names, district and municipality
  • Operating instructions for the voting machines
  • Instructions for how to "write in" a candidate
form here New Jersey Citizens Guide to Government (http://www.lwvnj.org/guide/voting.shtml#sample - broken link)

More google help, for research purposes
New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission

Old 10-30-2009, 09:49 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,572,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I would like to do some research on some of these people for the lesser known positions...

Is there somewhere that I could view every thing that I am gonna be able to vote on in the booth?
I just got one in the mail today.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:52 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,972,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post

Even though sample ballots are supposed to be mailed to every registered voter, not all towns in NJ make their sample ballots available on line.

Here's the site for Hoboken's sample ballot.

Hoboken Election Ballot

Try googling for the ballot for your town or county.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:40 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,443 times
If you're a registered voter, you should be getting one in the mail. I actually got mine yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: