Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 04:15 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
What a silly thing to think, let alone write.
There's nothing silly about it. I wouldn't buy an insurance plan that covers a boat if I didn't own a boat. Likewise, I wouldn't want to buy an insurance plan that covers mammograms since I'm a male in his 20s.

What's silly is having ridiculous mandates for all kinds of things in EVERY insurance policy which drives up the cost of insurance for everyone instead of letting people CHOOSE a plan that best suits them. You're too naive for your own good if you think otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 04:37 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyKdros View Post
Kind of surprising attitude from a guy who claims he lost his mom to breast cancer - he believes mammograms should be "exceptions" that an insurance company shouldn't have to cover, and he gets short with and berates a breast cancer survivor who thinks it shouldn't be an "exception".

Maybe he should start by making obesity an "exception" so that fat lard-butts like him who are eating their way into unnecessary health care are the "exceptions" before innocent people who can't help getting cancer.

Here you go NJ this is what you asked for just to spite Corzine:

]
I suggest you move to NC as quickly as possible.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:47 PM

64 posts, read 289,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Mammograms go for about $99. If you want a plan that covers this procedure, buy one. If you'd rather buy a more affordable plan and pay out of pocket for tests such as this one, buy that type of plan. Quite frankly, as a male, I shouldn't have to pay for a plan that includes mammograms.
Hate to tell you this but men get mammograms too. Just like women you guys grow lumps that have to be detected and yes removed!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,291 times
Lets forget about what he said, because everyone will look at in their own manner. What I will say about the guy is he has such a nice temperament. Getting frustrated by a few questions and a woman how is obviously emotional about the situation.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
I suggest you move to NC as quickly as possible.
oh no, I'll tell my friends that are natives there to start packing. LOL

Diane G

Old 11-04-2009, 07:15 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,525,377 times
I bet Verado Dan doesn't have health insurance. It's usually the people who have the least who think they're better off that way. That's the magical power of the Republican Party. Push them down and keep them down, and make them love it.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
I bet Verado Dan doesn't have health insurance. It's usually the people who have the least who think they're better off that way. That's the magical power of the Republican Party. Push them down and keep them down, and make them love it.

And of course if he gets cancer or is injured in some kind of accident, it'll be his fault entirely..............

Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,274,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmert View Post
If you want mammograms covered, work for a company which chooses a health insurance provider that does cover them.
I hope that line of argument is a poorly thought out defense of the new governor, and not career advice (the governor is defensible, but switching jobs every time you have an issue with your company health plan is not)

While I think this particular item is not a major issue (it's a routine diagnostic and not a very expensive one), having insurance tied to your employer makes it difficult to shop for health insurance (and it makes the business less competitive).

Quote:
because consumers are demanding it and using their employment as a vote for companies that offer it.
Health plan might be a factor when selecting an employer, but there are several other factors that weigh into this decision before the employee even asks what health plan the company offers.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
I hope that line of argument is a poorly thought out defense of the new governor, and not career advice (the governor is defensible, but switching jobs every time you have an issue with your company health plan is not)

While I think this particular item is not a major issue (it's a routine diagnostic and not a very expensive one), having insurance tied to your employer makes it difficult to shop for health insurance (and it makes the business less competitive).

Health plan might be a factor when selecting an employer, but there are several other factors that weigh into this decision before the employee even asks what health plan the company offers.

And then there are many who are freelancers or small businesspeople who can't get affordable insurance in this state.......

Old 11-04-2009, 09:03 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,274,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
And then there are many who are freelancers or small businesspeople who can't get affordable insurance in this state.......
yeah, I know. I was once unemployed for a few months and realized that because of all the silly mandates here, insurance costs twice as much as it does elsewhere -- because you have to buy whatever the interest groups load up on the plate (at your expense, of course)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey