Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,385 times

Advertisements

I couldn't agree more. I have no idea what the people who voted for him were thinking, or maybe they just weren't. In any case, it's difficult to move when your career and family are here, or I would have moved out of this godawful place years ago. I loved growing up in Asbury Park, but it's been steadily downhill since. I do well financially, but continue to watch my earnings going toward higher and higher taxes. Christie is just about the worst thing that could happen in NJ, and at the worst possible time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM

835 posts, read 1,180,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

Whatever..so the kids coming out of NJ Tech with thousands in student loans are loosing out to foreigners who just GOOGLE their skills

YES. Duh google any technology and all the documents are online.. trust me I'm one of them

You want to be a Sun/Unix admin Sun Microsystems Documentation Want to learn websphere from IBM Google

Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Kelly - I hate to break it to you, but the last time NC seemed to have a lot of jobs was back in 2005! NC's unemployment rate would make NJ seem like it has full employment. Yes, I'm sure that apartment with those amennities does exist, but let me fill in the rest of the picture. The very scary thing about the "supposedly iffy" urban areas of major NC cities is that nothing looks bad. You can't find the typical run-down areas of cities like you can in NJ. It's very deceiving. What looks like something that would pass for middle-class apartment housing in NJ, may actually be a hotbed of crime. Those nice-looking apartment buildings that you ride past in the daylight with the low rent are basically Section 8 villages, which at night turn into shooting galleries and drug bazaars. For $600 a month, you might find most of your neighbors at the pool are Crips, Bloods or MS-13 members. With the easy availability of guns, you might want to peruse the sporting goods area of the nearest Walmart to "assure your safety" in your new digs. A $10 an hour job is "big money" down here. You might have to settle for $7 an hour job, assuming you can find one. Alot of the executives from Bank of America and Wachovia are now donning orange aprons and working at Home Depot for 15% of their former salaries! Or blue aprons at Lowes!

NC is a great place to live if you're retired, as njkate has pointed out in her earlier post. I, fortunately, fall into that category. But for those of you that need jobs after re-locating, NC is not the place to be! Unless you're a doctor....even the nurse's jobs are hard to come by.

Anyone who has told you that jobs in the South are "plentiful", is about as reliable at this point, as someone who would tell you that NJ is "great" because of its low,low taxes!
Yeah right, Jobs at Dice.com

More like people aren't qualified to fill those jobs as they don't know how to get the skills to pay the bills.

Company: Robert Half Technology
Base Pay: $55000 to $70000 per year
Employee Type: FULLTIME

Old 11-04-2009, 02:30 PM

18 posts, read 30,791 times
"With Christie in power it is clear that NJ will become more of a state for the rich only and I think we will see the middle class mostly gone by the end of his term. As it is the middle class has been slipping out of NJ since Whitman made life hard on us, now Christie will nail the final nails in the coffin"

It's like minded people like this who have helped make NJ what it is today. If you had any sense you'd realize how foolish your comment is. How will NJ be a state for the rich only? By lowering your taxes? NJ has finally gotten a Gov who will help to increase what YOU keep from your paycheck. Not sure how that or lowering property taxes spells doom for the middle class. Would only seem rational that all would benefit.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
It's a shame you think my wife is a cronie. She works for that state and makes way less for it. I guess she deserves not to have a job with good benefits since she is making 40k less then what she would in the private sector. Get a clue.
Prove it: NJ State Employee Search

Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 PM

631 posts, read 719,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post

You expect me to show results with my wife's full name and job on the internet? Are you nuts?

Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 PM

18 posts, read 30,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateconover View Post
I couldn't agree more. I have no idea what the people who voted for him were thinking, or maybe they just weren't. In any case, it's difficult to move when your career and family are here, or I would have moved out of this godawful place years ago. I loved growing up in Asbury Park, but it's been steadily downhill since. I do well financially, but continue to watch my earnings going toward higher and higher taxes. Christie is just about the worst thing that could happen in NJ, and at the worst possible time.

You contradict yourself. Your complaining about higher and higher taxes YET somehow a GOV who potentially is going to lower your taxes is the worst thing. Prehaps, a Gov like Corzine who spent money recklessly, raised taxes, borrowed past the hilt could be considered the worst thing.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev959 View Post
"With Christie in power it is clear that NJ will become more of a state for the rich only and I think we will see the middle class mostly gone by the end of his term. As it is the middle class has been slipping out of NJ since Whitman made life hard on us, now Christie will nail the final nails in the coffin"

It's like minded people like this who have helped make NJ what it is today. If you had any sense you'd realize how foolish your comment is. How will NJ be a state for the rich only? By lowering your taxes? NJ has finally gotten a Gov who will help to increase what YOU keep from your paycheck. Not sure how that or lowering property taxes spells doom for the middle class. Would only seem rational that all would benefit.

The doom sayers are the ones that have been getting a free ride

Gettem Chris!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM

631 posts, read 719,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You get a clue. Post an opinion, one with gusto, (a little fire?) on an open internet forum and we shall show up with accelerents or extinguishers. If she'd asked where to shop for a couch in East Brunswick, we'd be more polite.

So its ok to make a blanket statement calling all state workers cronies? You don't think some hard working state workers would take some offense to that?

Old 11-04-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
You expect me to show results with my wife's full name and job on the internet? Are you nuts?
Show us what department she is in and how many people it takes to do that one task/job I guarantee it will be inefficient and bloated with a team double the size compared to the size of the same type of team at a private company. Private companies have to answer to their bottom line and have to be efficient otherwise they go out of business. While government slob workers can do whatever the heck they want as slow and incorrect as they want to with no incentive to do better and little to no penalty for doing wrong. With Christie here welcome to the real world of competition and no more protecting people just because they sat there for 15 years.

Everyday I have to worry about my private job being outsourced so it makes me work harder and faster, that is what you government workers are afraid of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey