Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:02 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,260 times

Advertisements

Jersey had the death penalty for close to 30 years and they haven't put anybody to death but Virginia takes between 6 to 7 years to execute somebody. SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:05 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
6 to 7 years is way too long. it shouldnt have taken 6 to 7 minutes. just drag him out behind the courthouse and put a bullet in his head.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
6 to 7 years is way too long. it shouldnt have taken 6 to 7 minutes. just drag him out behind the courthouse and put a bullet in his head.
Naw, too easy. People die like that everyday. I heard the lethal injection thing is supposed to be some form of torture before they die.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Naw, too easy. People die like that everyday. I heard the lethal injection thing is supposed to be some form of torture before they die.
dont they just knock them out with one injection then kill them with another? i dont think its supposed to be painful at all.

i would happily entertain more painful methods but thats just not gonna happen. i would love to see the process speed up so that we dont waste tons of money and time trying to execute these pieces of garbage.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
dont they just knock them out with one injection then kill them with another? i dont think its supposed to be painful at all.

i would happily entertain more painful methods but thats just not gonna happen. i would love to see the process speed up so that we dont waste tons of money and time trying to execute these pieces of garbage.
Yeah, but that's not gonna happen though. Even though I'm against the death penalty, I was curious to see if Jersey or even New York would actually execute somebody.

But really, bullet in the head what's the difference. It took them 5 minutes to take kill him. They started the injection at 9:06 and he died at 9:11. That's quick.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:22 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,618 times
Call me a sissy, but honestly I just dont get it. I am sure if something terrible happened to a family member I might change my mind but the death penalty just seems wrong to me. We are supposed to be better then the murderer. WE should not go as low as they do. Then again who really knows?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Call me a sissy, but honestly I just dont get it. I am sure if something terrible happened to a family member I might change my mind but the death penalty just seems wrong to me. We are supposed to be better then the murderer. WE should not go as low as they do. Then again who really knows?
we are better than the murderer. the person that the murderer killed was innocent.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,618 times
Quote:
we are better than the murderer. the person that the murderer killed was innocent.
Right and if we kill, we are just as guilty. Do as I say, not as I do????? HMM

Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Right and if we kill, we are just as guilty. Do as I say, not as I do????? HMM
no. because killing a murderer isnt the same as killing an innocent person. at least thats the logic of someone who favors capital punishment. i guess you think killing a murderer is equal to killing an innocent person.

at least you acknowledge that your position may change if someone you cared about were murdered. say your wife is raped and murdered by some guy. what would you have done to him?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,624 times
FWIW, I think I'd rather be dead than spend the rest of my life in prison, so if that's the way to judge which is worse... that's my choice. I'm not against the death penalty, however. I think for people who are judged to be so evil they cannot possibly be rehabilitated, it's an appropriate punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: