Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,091,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
I think it's fine not to bring a gift when it says No Gifts. But, there will be people who ignore it unfortunately.

And as long as a person is ok with that, then don't bring a gift. I find that I'd rather bring something (wine, a box of chocolate) even when it says No Gifts.
Agree. If they ask for "No Gifts" that includes gift cards. So, personally, I would not bring a gift, gift, card, etc.

I would, however, bring something edible or disposable--wine, chocolates as luckyshoes mentioned about, or a basket of fruit, cake/dessert, bread, etc.--something everyone can share in. The one disposal thing I can think of is a bouquet of flowers wrapped in a nice ribbon. In addition, any of these things works as a dinner gift for the host or hostess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 11:26 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,844 times
I agree with the previous poster, bring something edible that will get used up at the party that way you are not walking in empty handed. Bottles of wine are nice but most people bring that by default, when ever I have a party I always end with tons of bottles of wine, and I don't drink wine! If only someone would bring over a bottle of vodka or tequilla! I usually use the wine to bring to someone elses diner party! I would say a tray of cookies or pastries from a fancy bakery will go over well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: