Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 02:44 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,664,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainbluebear View Post
Trenton is a mix of whites, Wayne is poor and white, Toms River is divided as well.

Be honest, you just threw darts at a map of NJ.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 09:08 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Salem and Cumberland counties for the most part. Maybe certain areas in Warren County could be included as well.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:12 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicsigma View Post
new egypt, 1/2 of toms river, whitting, jackson to some extent

the south of the state is pretty hillbilly compared to CNJ/NNJ
Drive down to Mt. Laurel and repeat that statement . Not all of south Jersey is poor.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Stunning question in the OP.

Reminds me of the question, 'where is europe's 'capital'...answer, 'all over europe'.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:41 PM

332 posts, read 528,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Sporano View Post
Ewing, Hamilton Township (Mercer and Atlantic), Paulsboro, Phillipsburg, Keansburg, Gloucester City, Egg Harbor City and Township, Toms River, Woodbridge, Sayreville, South Amboy, Millville, Vineland, Burlington City, Glassboro, Magnolia, Bellmawr, Deptford, West Deptford, Hi-Nella, Wildwood, Carteret.
Completely disagree with Woodbridge and I think Sayreville is much more decent than that.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,065 times
Default Poor poor poor

I've lived in the cape may area and a lot of us are poor. We have a tourist based economy so in the winter the unemployment rate is at an all time high. This is not saying everyone is poor. But I have noticed a lot of people from lower township and middle township are on food stamps. And 75% of the people I know are poor. So If you asked me where the poorest place around me for whit people is id say del haven or the villas, even though they have very nice houses. For the minorities it would be whitesboro, wildwood, and other middle township communities. It's funny how I go to lower township high school and there are only like 8 black people but when you go to middle township high school there's about a 50:50 ratio of white and black.

Old 08-15-2021, 03:58 AM

8 posts, read 5,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
^ In small towns and scattered across the land in southern NJ, Alloway, Dividing Creek, Corbin City.
I live in Corbin City. It's small (NJ's smallest town with its own City Council. There is an article about it but Id have to find it) It's more middle class than low income. In South Jersey I'd say EHT has some low income areas, Pleasantville, Somers Point, Rio Grande, Villas, Wildwood, Whitesboro, Woodbine and I consider all are more low income than Corbin City.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicsigma View Post
new egypt, 1/2 of toms river, whitting, jackson to some extent

the south of the state is pretty hillbilly compared to CNJ/NNJ
I agree with other commenter, not all of south Jersey is poor. You need to visit here to actually no. Also, not hillbillies either, far from it. Sorry

Also, Cumberland county like Millville & Vineland & Bridgeton are low income. Someone mentioned them not being low but they are very low.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Sporano View Post
Ewing, Hamilton Township (Mercer and Atlantic), Paulsboro, Phillipsburg, Keansburg, Gloucester City, Egg Harbor City and Township, Toms River, Woodbridge, Sayreville, South Amboy, Millville, Vineland, Burlington City, Glassboro, Magnolia, Bellmawr, Deptford, West Deptford, Hi-Nella, Wildwood, Carteret.
I agree most isn't true. You did forget Bridgeton, Rio Grande, Villas, Whitesboro

Old 08-15-2021, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Because there are two other countys down there does that mean that Salem isn't down there too?......Silly.
I live at the bottom of the state. Cape may county is the very bottom of the state. The Atlantic county and Cumberland county and I forget the next 2 but I think Salem County is more in the middle definitely not the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey