U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:32 PM
 
593 posts, read 1,495,868 times
Reputation: 320

Advertisements

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...9_Rank_Rev.pdf

We.. I mean Camden is the most dangerous city in America. Anyway, we beat out Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Flint, and New Orleans for the top spot. According to the list, Camden was making an improvement too because it was going down the list. Maybe next year.

And the safest city in the country isn't in Jersey either. It's in New York.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 PM
 
1,645 posts, read 3,307,397 times
Reputation: 1391
Well, according to some around here Camden really isn't "all that dangerous" and people who would rather not go for a Sunday drive there are most likely "sheltered and racist".

Statistics and proven facts aren't everything. Camden's people are hard working and an obvious asset to the state of New Jersey.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
 
593 posts, read 1,495,868 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Well, according to some around here Camden really isn't "all that dangerous" and people who would rather not go for a Sunday drive there are most likely "sheltered and racist".

Statistics and proven facts aren't everything. Camden's people are hard working and an obvious asset to the state of New Jersey.

I know.. but I just think it's funny though. I don't understand those statistics though because Camden was like number 5 last year and New Orleans was number one. I don't get it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:00 PM
 
1,605 posts, read 3,531,947 times
Reputation: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...9_Rank_Rev.pdf

We.. I mean Camden is the most dangerous city in America. Anyway, we beat out Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Flint, and New Orleans for the top spot. According to the list, Camden was making an improvement too because it was going down the list. Maybe next year.

And the safest city in the country isn't in Jersey either. It's in New York.

Hey, Brick is still pretty high up there
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 01:23 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
28,438 posts, read 27,211,282 times
Reputation: 35612
According to that list, there isn't one safe place in Pa, but many in CA.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,650 posts, read 5,365,947 times
Reputation: 2306
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...9_Rank_Rev.pdf

We.. I mean Camden is the most dangerous city in America. Anyway, we beat out Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Flint, and New Orleans for the top spot. According to the list, Camden was making an improvement too because it was going down the list. Maybe next year.

And the safest city in the country isn't in Jersey either. It's in New York.

You are truly the most lame, biased poster on this forum. It's okay though.
At some point your posts have become reflective of your miserable state as a human being......................
Disliking you has started to give way to pity. You are obviously sad & in need of attention. I can invite you over to one of my mother's Sunday dinners if you would like. Maybe that will make your misguided self feel better about who you are on the inside.
You can play with my nephews & we can eat a good meal. Maybe that will snap you out of your misery.
Again.................. We feel for your miserable mind state. We understand blaming others is a way to ease your pain.
In time & with treatment you will feel better about who you are as a person.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 02:23 AM
 
Location: Murphy, NC
3,223 posts, read 8,810,252 times
Reputation: 1451
Last week on NJN there was a story about cops in Camden working 12-hour shifts and having a shortage of police because of funds or something like that. Several police are being trained and added soon. Meantime I think there are safe cities with too many police. Crime will get worse with the economy and unemployment so I expect the rates to keep rising.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 06:06 AM
 
Location: Historic Downtown Jersey City
2,705 posts, read 7,538,597 times
Reputation: 1209
So Camden is unsafe...so what? What's the point of looking at specific cities...that doesn't mean anything unless you live, or are looking to live, in that particular city.

What you should know, is that as an overall state, NJ is one of the safest in the country. That means more to me than looking at specific cesspool-like cities, which are present in *EVERY* state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 07:18 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
1,508 posts, read 5,591,590 times
Reputation: 1433
Thumbs down Report post

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You are truly the most lame, biased poster on this forum. It's okay though.
At some point your posts have become reflective of your miserable state as a human being......................
Disliking you has started to give way to pity. You are obviously sad & in need of attention. I can invite you over to one of my mother's Sunday dinners if you would like. Maybe that will make your misguided self feel better about who you are on the inside.
You can play with my nephews & we can eat a good meal. Maybe that will snap you out of your misery.
Again.................. We feel for your miserable mind state. We understand blaming others is a way to ease your pain.
In time & with treatment you will feel better about who you are as a person.
OMG You are so right !!! His posts are immature, irrational, aggressive and violent. This person is in dire need of professional help.

YES - Angerinthenation is promoting VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.

This is a SICK PERSON posting advice to BEAT WOMEN.
REPORT POST.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Hopewell New Jersey
1,393 posts, read 7,244,194 times
Reputation: 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Well, according to some around here Camden really isn't "all that dangerous" and people who would rather not go for a Sunday drive there are most likely "sheltered and racist".

Statistics and proven facts aren't everything. Camden's people are hard working and an obvious asset to the state of New Jersey.
Statistics and proven facts aren't everything. Right...let's just ignore all the statstics and proven facts and instead let's rely upon biased annecdotal stories. Makes sense to me. /S


Camden's people are hard working and an obvious asset to the state of New Jersey An "OBVIOUS" assest ?? Really ??When it's almost impossible to find a local resident who can properly fill out a job application and pass a drug test just to become a parking lot attendent I have serious doubts about that kinda PC non-sense. Yes...I have first hand experince with exactly that situation.

Wake up.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top