U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:32 PM

593 posts, read 1,495,868 times

Advertisements

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...9_Rank_Rev.pdf

We.. I mean Camden is the most dangerous city in America. Anyway, we beat out Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Flint, and New Orleans for the top spot. According to the list, Camden was making an improvement too because it was going down the list. Maybe next year.

And the safest city in the country isn't in Jersey either. It's in New York.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,307,397 times
Well, according to some around here Camden really isn't "all that dangerous" and people who would rather not go for a Sunday drive there are most likely "sheltered and racist".

Statistics and proven facts aren't everything. Camden's people are hard working and an obvious asset to the state of New Jersey.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 PM

593 posts, read 1,495,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Well, according to some around here Camden really isn't "all that dangerous" and people who would rather not go for a Sunday drive there are most likely "sheltered and racist".

Statistics and proven facts aren't everything. Camden's people are hard working and an obvious asset to the state of New Jersey.

I know.. but I just think it's funny though. I don't understand those statistics though because Camden was like number 5 last year and New Orleans was number one. I don't get it.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:00 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,531,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post

We.. I mean Camden is the most dangerous city in America. Anyway, we beat out Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Flint, and New Orleans for the top spot. According to the list, Camden was making an improvement too because it was going down the list. Maybe next year.

Hey, Brick is still pretty high up there

Old 11-23-2009, 01:23 AM

28,438 posts, read 27,211,282 times
According to that list, there isn't one safe place in Pa, but many in CA.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 AM

2,650 posts, read 5,365,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post

You are truly the most lame, biased poster on this forum. It's okay though.
At some point your posts have become reflective of your miserable state as a human being......................
Disliking you has started to give way to pity. You are obviously sad & in need of attention. I can invite you over to one of my mother's Sunday dinners if you would like. Maybe that will make your misguided self feel better about who you are on the inside.
You can play with my nephews & we can eat a good meal. Maybe that will snap you out of your misery.
Again.................. We feel for your miserable mind state. We understand blaming others is a way to ease your pain.
In time & with treatment you will feel better about who you are as a person.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:23 AM

3,223 posts, read 8,810,252 times
Last week on NJN there was a story about cops in Camden working 12-hour shifts and having a shortage of police because of funds or something like that. Several police are being trained and added soon. Meantime I think there are safe cities with too many police. Crime will get worse with the economy and unemployment so I expect the rates to keep rising.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:06 AM

2,705 posts, read 7,538,597 times
So Camden is unsafe...so what? What's the point of looking at specific cities...that doesn't mean anything unless you live, or are looking to live, in that particular city.

What you should know, is that as an overall state, NJ is one of the safest in the country. That means more to me than looking at specific cesspool-like cities, which are present in *EVERY* state.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:18 AM

1,508 posts, read 5,591,590 times
Thumbs down Report post

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You are truly the most lame, biased poster on this forum. It's okay though.
At some point your posts have become reflective of your miserable state as a human being......................
Disliking you has started to give way to pity. You are obviously sad & in need of attention. I can invite you over to one of my mother's Sunday dinners if you would like. Maybe that will make your misguided self feel better about who you are on the inside.
You can play with my nephews & we can eat a good meal. Maybe that will snap you out of your misery.
Again.................. We feel for your miserable mind state. We understand blaming others is a way to ease your pain.
In time & with treatment you will feel better about who you are as a person.
OMG You are so right !!! His posts are immature, irrational, aggressive and violent. This person is in dire need of professional help.

YES - Angerinthenation is promoting VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.

This is a SICK PERSON posting advice to BEAT WOMEN.
REPORT POST.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:24 AM

1,393 posts, read 7,244,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post

Statistics and proven facts aren't everything. Right...let's just ignore all the statstics and proven facts and instead let's rely upon biased annecdotal stories. Makes sense to me. /S

Camden's people are hard working and an obvious asset to the state of New Jersey An "OBVIOUS" assest ?? Really ??When it's almost impossible to find a local resident who can properly fill out a job application and pass a drug test just to become a parking lot attendent I have serious doubts about that kinda PC non-sense. Yes...I have first hand experince with exactly that situation.

Wake up.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey