Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:53 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
I went to Downtown Newark for the first time after 3 years living here.
I was in Broad St. and other streets too. The City itself remembers me of parts of Downtown LA and NYC. But the people, OMG - GHETTO!
I rarely saw any Asians or White people. People all over the streets, asking for money, looking at you. I was scared to walk down on the streets. Thank God I had two older guys next to me. I was also told my random guy to not show my brand name clothes next time I am here. I can't explain more, but people there are ghetto. Sad for such a large city with great downtown to have ghetto people.
Question, what do GHETTO people look like?

I don't get why you guys just don't say outright that you don't like black people because basically, that's what you implied. For real, just move to Vermont or somewhere like that.

And then you wonder why people frown down on Jersey people because a lot of them have this same type of mentality. They don't look at people for a bunch of individuals that happen to have a particular thing in common with each other that would make them a group. They look at everybody with something in common with each other as the same. For real, not all black people are ghetto.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we as in most people who live in the suburbs. you are using suburb kids acting "ghetto" as some kind of example of how people in the suburbs try to be more like people in the cities. thats not a good example because most suburban kids make fun of the ones who talk like idiots and wear baggy clothes and other junk that are more common in urban slums.

yes, it is good to live in the suburbs. maybe if you work hard enough and save some money (instead of spending it all on malt liquor and the newest hotness in sneakers) you will be able to move out into a suburb like mine. wouldnt that be nice?
Man, you're doing the same thing to cocoaeve like what you did to me some months ago when I made that thread about Irvington. You need to stop.

And please don't talk about the kids in the suburbs being smarter than the kids in the inner cities. That is not true at all. I've spent almost 10 years coming up next year in the suburbs, went to a high school here and I've seen a lot of dumbass kids. They're not BRIGHT. You want me to talk about those white kids that you're talking about right now. In fact, many of them seem to be sheltered and are the product of bad parenting where their parents have no control of them. They have the freedom to do whatever they want. They just happen to have more resources to go into the advance classes and pass the SATs. I look at them as clowns. Those same kids that you talking about making fun of kids in baggy pants and acting ghetto, I was one of those ghetto acting kids, were busy acting like idiots, swallowing quarters and dimes, doing some stunts from the TV show Jackass, messing with all kinds of drugs, flunking classes, saying a bunch of dumbass comments in class but because mommy and daddy were active in the PTA and had money, they were able to go into the Advance Placement classes, able to get those Kaplan classes to prep for the SAT. So by the time they turn 18, they are in blank university not knowing how to behave and acting like idiots, thinking they're smarter than these people over there when they were just as dumb or probably dumber than those kids they're making fun of. I've seen it first hand straight up. So and so white kid's mom who's part of the PTA coming into the principal's office to get their son off the hook when they have x amount of drugs in their locker to have while some other black kid gets caught with a little bag of weed gets expelled.

You know what the problem with this society is and your mentality. When white kids act a fool or go out committing crimes, they get all this sympathy.. boo hoo, they're just being kids, they're going through a teenage phase. When the black kids act a fool and commit crime, oh.. something's wrong with that kid. Lock him up.

And then you wonder why you have people always crying out racism because of this *****. You can't expect to think like this, tell everybody your thoughts and expect a positive response. Can you? I know plenty of white kids from the suburbs that are dropouts too. You guys need to change your mentality. Nobody's going to take you seriously thinking like that especially those that actually when somebody has actually seen what you're talking about first hand.

Anybody reading what you wrote would call you a racist.

Last edited by angerinthenation; 11-24-2009 at 05:26 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
I noticed that black people spend most of their money on material items such as cars and designer clothes. Why do you think rappers always wear that ridiculous bling jewelry? It's a statement, they're saying, "I'm a black person that's finally getting a break." That's why I see a lot of black people driving BMW's and nice cars like that. They also tend to wear brands like Roca Wear and Nautica.

If they can afford it, great. More power to them. It's even better if they make an honest living and they work hard for that money. They can spend it however they damn want. If it means blowing every penny you got just to stick it to the white man, then ok. I can actually understand why they would do that, because the white people treated them like sh*t back in the day. As a result of that sh*tty treatment, many African-Americans have lived in poverty. So now with the ghetto people and their designer clothes, they're basically saying f*ck you.
Excuse you, do you know any black people personally? I'm being serious here. Please don't talk about things you don't know about. It makes you look stupid.

Has it ever occurred to you that those black people have MONEY? Okay then. I guess you think that every black person with a nice car is selling drugs. Maybe I should question if you sold drugs to drive your Geo Tracker, I'm guessing you're broke since you envy people that have money. For real, if this forum was full of rules and regulations, I would have cursed you guys out. You guys deserve to be called all sorts of names.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:27 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Thumbs down Name calling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Excuse you, do you know any black people personally? I'm being serious here. Please don't talk about things you don't know about. It makes you look stupid.

Has it ever occurred to you that those black people have MONEY? Okay then. I guess you think that every black person with a nice car is selling drugs. Maybe I should question if you sold drugs to drive your Geo Tracker, I'm guessing you're broke since you envy people that have money. For real, if this forum was full of rules and regulations, I would have cursed you guys out. You guys deserve to be called all sorts of names.

This just gets better and better.

Can I have an AMEN when we hear the door slam and close this thread?

Old 11-24-2009, 08:02 PM

240 posts, read 1,265,111 times
Quote:
Parts of Hackensack is "ghetto", but there are parts that's nice.
Are you effing kidding me? There are no parts of Hackensack that are dangerous. Every part is safe. There's no such thing as "ghettos" in Bergen County. Everywhere in Bergen County is safe.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:02 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,103 times
Quote:
Parts of Hackensack is "ghetto", but there are parts that's nice.
It's certainly not the nicest city/town in Bergen County, but compared to NJ's historically decaying cities, places like Hackensack, and to a lesser extent, Jersey City, actually look pretty good.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 AM

412 posts, read 1,327,050 times
In conclusion to this I realized this thread was made to get people upset and to react as you can notice the back and forth between myself and "whathisname".

This is the "STATE" of America. People feel stronger saying things online than they would in public and it will continue and I call it "Hidden Racism".
Why because if you notice some of the threads like making certain sterotypes of different ethnicities because of their "one" encounter.

We choose to live where we choose to live, we drive what we want to drive and we wear whatever the heck we want to wear but no one person better than the next because they chose to live in the surburbs and that seems to be the case here.

I'm a proud native NY'er that loved loved living in the so called "ghetto" even though the supposed "ghettos" I lived in were very diverse in cultures and incomes, and when I got tired of living there I moved to JCH, which some also feel is also the "ghetto" and love it here. When I get tired of living in JCH I will move elsewhere and probably to another city within New Jersey but close to NY. This is what folks do.

Some are just so closed minded, sheltered or just plain stupid yea I said it STUPID so why continue to argue with someone who is set in their ways.

Mr/Ms. Strapani1105 blaming others for African American problems is not how we as a people are going to get ahead. If you have no ambition to do better for yourself than that is on you. It's time to get up and go out there and go for what you want.

African Amercans aren't the only people who live/lived in poverty or wear designer clothes.You are sterotyping and generalizing just like some others.

I will be one of those African Americans who will wear the designer clothes, and driving the BMW, which is what I am purchasing soon, (had to throw that in, haha) why because one, I love them and two I can afford it.

So in conclusion to this thread I just want to say to everyone even Mr. Whathisname tomorrow is a day of giving Thanks and we should be doing just that giving thanks. So have a great Turkey Day, eat all you can eat and watch all the games you watch but mostly just enjoy.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:28 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaeve View Post
In conclusion to this I realized this thread was made to get people upset and to react as you can notice the back and forth between myself and "whathisname".

This is the "STATE" of America. People feel stronger saying things online than they would in public and it will continue and I call it "Hidden Racism".
Why because if you notice some of the threads like making certain sterotypes of different ethnicities because of their "one" encounter.

We choose to live where we choose to live, we drive what we want to drive and we wear whatever the heck we want to wear but no one person better than the next because they chose to live in the surburbs and that seems to be the case here.

I'm a proud native NY'er that loved loved living in the so called "ghetto" even though the supposed "ghettos" I lived in were very diverse in cultures and incomes, and when I got tired of living there I moved to JCH, which some also feel is also the "ghetto" and love it here. When I get tired of living in JCH I will move elsewhere and probably to another city within New Jersey but close to NY. This is what folks do.

Some are just so closed minded, sheltered or just plain stupid yea I said it STUPID so why continue to argue with someone who is set in their ways.

Mr/Ms. Strapani1105 blaming others for African American problems is not how we as a people are going to get ahead. If you have no ambition to do better for yourself than that is on you. It's time to get up and go out there and go for what you want.

African Amercans aren't the only people who live/lived in poverty or wear designer clothes.You are sterotyping and generalizing just like some others.

I will be one of those African Americans who will wear the designer clothes, and driving the BMW, which is what I am purchasing soon, (had to throw that in, haha) why because one, I love them and two I can afford it.

So in conclusion to this thread I just want to say to everyone even Mr. Whathisname tomorrow is a day of giving Thanks and we should be doing just that giving thanks. So have a great Turkey Day, eat all you can eat and watch all the games you watch but mostly just enjoy.
JC native here...sure hope you have access to a garage for that baby

Old 11-25-2009, 07:33 AM

412 posts, read 1,327,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
JC native here...sure hope you have access to a garage for that baby
Have a few choices, and can't wait for the my 06 or 07 X5!

Old 11-25-2009, 07:44 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Man, you're doing the same thing to cocoaeve like what you did to me some months ago when I made that thread about Irvington. You need to stop.

And please don't talk about the kids in the suburbs being smarter than the kids in the inner cities. That is not true at all. I've spent almost 10 years coming up next year in the suburbs, went to a high school here and I've seen a lot of dumbass kids. They're not BRIGHT. You want me to talk about those white kids that you're talking about right now. In fact, many of them seem to be sheltered and are the product of bad parenting where their parents have no control of them. They have the freedom to do whatever they want. They just happen to have more resources to go into the advance classes and pass the SATs. I look at them as clowns. Those same kids that you talking about making fun of kids in baggy pants and acting ghetto, I was one of those ghetto acting kids, were busy acting like idiots, swallowing quarters and dimes, doing some stunts from the TV show Jackass, messing with all kinds of drugs, flunking classes, saying a bunch of dumbass comments in class but because mommy and daddy were active in the PTA and had money, they were able to go into the Advance Placement classes, able to get those Kaplan classes to prep for the SAT. So by the time they turn 18, they are in blank university not knowing how to behave and acting like idiots, thinking they're smarter than these people over there when they were just as dumb or probably dumber than those kids they're making fun of. I've seen it first hand straight up. So and so white kid's mom who's part of the PTA coming into the principal's office to get their son off the hook when they have x amount of drugs in their locker to have while some other black kid gets caught with a little bag of weed gets expelled.

You know what the problem with this society is and your mentality. When white kids act a fool or go out committing crimes, they get all this sympathy.. boo hoo, they're just being kids, they're going through a teenage phase. When the black kids act a fool and commit crime, oh.. something's wrong with that kid. Lock him up.

And then you wonder why you have people always crying out racism because of this *****. You can't expect to think like this, tell everybody your thoughts and expect a positive response. Can you? I know plenty of white kids from the suburbs that are dropouts too. You guys need to change your mentality. Nobody's going to take you seriously thinking like that especially those that actually when somebody has actually seen what you're talking about first hand.

Anybody reading what you wrote would call you a racist.
where in my post did i say anything about anybody's race? you are so desperate to play the race card, you play it even when race isnt mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey