Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM

835 posts, read 1,180,406 times

Advertisements

Corzine, Christie disagree on emergency funding for feeding the hungry | New Jersey Real-Time News - - NJ.com

Go Gettem CHRISTIE!!!

Corzine, Christie disagree on emergency funding for feeding the hungry

Sorry mods but I have to include this quote

""I want to work with everybody on everything, but the fact of the matter is that we have an enormous fiscal crisis," Christie said. "We're broke. And it's getting worse, not better. So I will work with the governor on things that are of absolute necessity, but this is the attitude that continues to get us in trouble as we go along.""

reading that makes me feel so proud to have voted for christie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 04:44 PM

604 posts, read 2,011,371 times
When the deficit is of the order of $8 billion what cruelty in your mind Block911, to deny a couple of million dollars for feeding the real needy people. I thought we were christians and took care of the people in need at these bad economic times.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armx View Post
When the deficit is of the order of $8 billion what cruelty in your mind Block911, to deny a couple of million dollars for feeding the real needy people. I thought we were christians and took care of the people in need at these bad economic times.
People who want to eat should work, that is how life works otherwise why get an education or even get a job if the government is expected to do everything. Already there is food stamps , section 8 housing and unemployment to cover basic needs. You don't like it ?? Then more to another state and leech and ruin them.

The welfare state is over!

Gettem CHRISTIE

Old 11-24-2009, 04:51 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
I imagine this is a little bit of political games going on...

Not sure if the food banks are actually running out, or just not at ideal levels. But i think everyone should be able to get a meal if they truly need it.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:56 PM

Wrong the cycle is being broken so our tax money isn't waisted so people that do have jobs can save more money instead of losing it to more taxes and companies don't have to pay more for employees to survive so they can hire more people thus lowering the unemployment rate as well taxes can be lessened on companies so then can expand hire more.
Get it?

Old 11-24-2009, 08:04 PM

312 posts, read 1,164,119 times
Chris Christie for President! Unfortunately the bleeding heart democrats still control most of the state. When will they realize that we can't take care of everybody. People need to start taking care of themselves.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:14 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armx View Post
The money's not there. Period. Only the Feds can just up and (stupidly) print more.

That's the price we pay, especially the truly needy, for electing such corrupt, profligate spenders.

They pi$$ed it all away and then some.

Maybe disgraced former Newark mayor Sharpe James will sell his Rolls or his yacht to fill up some food banks.

Or the politcally connected with 3, 4, 6 no-show jobs (and pensions) can spread their wealth.

In the mean time, my family is upping our food and money donations. Give till it hurts.

Don't count on NJ's political establishment to make things better.

They're the f'kng problem and they'll only make it worse.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:01 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
The money's not there. Period. Only the Feds can just up and (stupidly) print more.

That's the price we pay, especially the truly needy, for electing such corrupt, profligate spenders.

They pi$$ed it all away and then some.

Maybe disgraced former Newark mayor Sharpe James will sell his Rolls or his yacht to fill up some food banks.

Or the politcally connected with 3, 4, 6 no-show jobs (and pensions) can spread their wealth.

In the mean time, my family is upping our food and money donations. Give till it hurts.

Don't count on NJ's political establishment to make things better.

They're the f'kng problem and they'll only make it worse.
yep when you check out at the supermarket rip off one of those food bank coupons to add 2, 3, or 5 more dollars to your total....if everyone did that the food banks would be full

Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 AM

only if you live in south jersey in say Manahawkin and are 40 years old and never finished college can you afford to give away food lol

Old 11-25-2009, 06:25 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,237 times
I don't know about this one. The holidays are coming up, people are hurting, I'm not sure how politically smart, never mind compassionate, it is not to put a little money towards this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey