Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 02:50 PM

315 posts, read 871,432 times

Advertisements

I gotta tell ya, when they first said a new arena was going to be built in Newark - I didnt think it was necessery. The one in Secaucus was fine,why spend the dough for something that was already built?

Well after going toThe Rock the last 2 yrs for Seton Hall games, and Devil games Im really impressed with the whole deal!- Traffic,- much better than the route 3 mess. Parking> safe and plenty of it* The arena itself is beautiful, state of the art technology with a large screen and scoreboards, wide areas to walk around, games (like shooting baskets ..etc.. for the kids) Plenty of food carts that cut down on long waits. . Restrooms are clean and are all over the place> OK nothing can be done about the costs,but Meadowlands wasnt any cheaper- Plus Ironbound resturants are close by and open late for after the game drinks and scoffs-
-Again better than driving around Paterson Plank Rd- looking for a reasonable place.The arena was tight, no walking space, and parking got confusing -never mind getting in and out of there*
I hope the Nets move to Newark and not Brooklyn- the Jersey jobs created would be great in a 10% unemployment state. It would be nice to have a decent team ,& hopefully they get better in a few years, people should go to the games for the night out and worry about wins and losses next year
I will miss the old Giant Stadium (I got my season ticket in 76) the 1st year ** Unfortunetly , After 33 yrs the dynamics have changed ,people ,family and friends have moved on- so I made the decison to not pay the 1000 dollar licensing fee and give up my 2 tickets- the timing is right- - I have a boatload of great memories, and now in my 50,s - my Dad no longer with us (along with others) -I,LL invest the 1000 $$ in a new TV instead of the season tickets
I guess the point is > with the Devils and Seton Hall,s Basketball program ,The Prudential Blg was the way to go.
The new Stadium for the football Giants was also the way to go. So the powers that be made the right moves here- except for the folks who get nailed BIG bucks to keep thier tradition alive, most fans will be happy (IMO)

Just a few thoughts before I head off for the HALL,S game tonight against LIU
bESTCeffo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 03:04 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,491 times
Thumbs down Thumbs Down for The Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tceffo View Post
I gotta tell ya, when they first said a new arena was going to be built in Newark - I didnt think it was necessery. The one in Secaucus was fine,why spend the dough for something that was already built?...
Whadda I think? I think you said it in the first paragraph... Why spend the dough for something that was already built? One more taxpayer expense for something that provides for the poor and the rich while leaving the middle class out in the cold again.

And parking is no luxury... and pricey too! ($30 last time I was there!)

Otherwise, I just don't like the place. To me, the layout is poorly planned. Difficult and senseless to determine how to get around -- the signage in places is just plain wrong!

That's wadIthink~

Old 11-28-2009, 04:03 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,767,307 times
Do you still have the option?

I would spend the $2000 on PSL's from you if you still have the option.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:24 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
The earlier years in the Meadowlands weren't bad at all. But those were the earlier years.

As of late (and after visiting arenas Meadowlands has lost its luster, and all the scars show. It's not that the place itself is bad, it's just that when stacked up against virtually every other arena one can think (except Nassau), it pales in comparison.

I'd even take Sov/Bank arena over the Meadowlands.

The Meadowlands wins over Newark in one category, and one category only: perception.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:46 AM

8 posts, read 14,811 times
SHU b-ball season ticket holder since the mid-90's. The Rock is worlds better than the old BBA/CAA/Izod. Poor lighting/poor food/dull atmosphere/gestapo ushers/no mass transit/Rts 3&120 confusion, replaced by a world-class facility. All personnel are far friendlier, food/drink better, Fire and Ice Lounges are fantastic. Add to it the growing number of new bars/restaurants in its shadow (Brick City across the street, Scully's 2 blocks north) not to mention nearby Ironbound's first rate dining, and it's like day and night.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:43 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,308 times
The Rock is state of the art in an urban environment..................... No contest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey