Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:38 AM

728 posts, read 1,965,676 times

Advertisements

Places that are a novelty do very well. Look at the Sonics that opened around here always packed. People will go to Cicis and as long as the food is not horrible it will do well. If there was one in every town then perhaps it would not do as well but this will be the only one in the entire metro area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Cici's is the best pizza in all of NJ

Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I sure hope not. I did get good pizza in Manalapan, Cici's is barely passing eatable.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:49 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,754 times
Quote:
ci ci's isnt even good by florida pizza standard. its good for cheap stuff

Old 12-03-2009, 11:59 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
Quote:
I trust that you jest. If not, well we are going to have to not be friends anymore, it's just that simple.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:02 PM

370 posts, read 1,370,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykstevenyg View Post
Places that are a novelty do very well. Look at the Sonics that opened around here always packed. People will go to Cicis and as long as the food is not horrible it will do well. If there was one in every town then perhaps it would not do as well but this will be the only one in the entire metro area.
Exactly! It is a shame. I watched some ood small restaurants go out of business but Crap like Sonic and AppleBees are always backed.

I think I read some place that AppleBees is the number one chain restaurant... So sad!

Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl08 View Post
Exactly! It is a shame. I watched some ood small restaurants go out of business but Crap like Sonic and AppleBees are always backed.

I think I read some place that AppleBees is the number one chain restaurant... So sad!
The reason it's sad is that people are sheep, and they see commercials on TV for these places, and they just go to those places.

Franchise/chain restaurants are marketing companies more than they are restaurants.

I personally hate them. They lack not only food quality, but they also lack character. It's always a "corporate", sterile environment. Who wants to eat in a cold environment like that?

I never choose to eat at a chain or a franchise...I only go if I have no other choice (such as, if I'm with people that already have plans to go to one).

Old 12-03-2009, 02:28 PM

777 posts, read 2,380,735 times
I never had Cici's but can it be any worse than Domino's or Pizza Hut?

Old 12-03-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
I trust that you jest. If not, well we are going to have to not be friends anymore, it's just that simple.
I jest, but.... if you did not take my advice and have a fish taco in SO. Cal when you went last month, THEN we definitely are not friends anymore. Unless you have some kind of allergy to fish or some other good excuse.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl08 View Post

Although I hardly eat there, Applebees isn't that bad. It's very plain, it's inexpensive, it's staightforward. The best thing about such places is that when you go with a group of people it is easier to pick Applebees because there are always weird picky fussbudgets in the group who "don't like sushi" or "don't like Thai" or "don't like steak" or whatever else. So you can't just say, "Hey, I know this great restaurant..." because someone will always say they are too picky for it, even though they've never been.

But in those cases, I've gone to Applebees, and it's been fine. Not great, but a reasonably tasty dinner at a decent price. Chili's is the same, a little tastier though (well, everything is just salty as hell).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey