Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 PM

5 posts, read 32,090 times

Advertisements

I was raised in Linden, on Stiles st till I was 12 then moved to South Jersey. would eventually like to move back up that way and often wonder how high the prices have climbed in that particular area.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I get homesick still for walking wood avenue or st george avenue
K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 01:40 AM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,296,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipsyluvr View Post
I was raised in Linden, on Stiles st till I was 12 then moved to South Jersey. would eventually like to move back up that way and often wonder how high the prices have climbed in that particular area.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I get homesick still for walking wood avenue or st george avenue
K
If you look at the NJ Transit Rail line map, you see Linden has train station, that normally shows the condo/townhouses in town is very demanding due to many people moving out of NYC to NJ and prefer condo or townhouses, easy to maintain, after long commute to work.

And that coincide with real estate website like realtor dott comm that you can check the real time info yourself.

But if you grew up from town, you may be living at house, and you are lucky, especially, if you do NOT need train station to commute, you can have some good choices.

If you do not have much money to start with, you may buy a small 3 br ranch (with big enough land), and years later when you have kid or kids grow up, you can "raise it" to a 5br house.

Construction laws normally allow raised up, but if you want to expand for same level, it would be harder, especially if you want to expand out of "building envelope".

Normally, when real estate going up, good strategy is to move "outward" of city, such as NYC. But when real estate going down, it may be better to move "inward" toward city. Why? 10% drop of $200,000 in Southern Jersey would be $20k loss, whereas 10% lower price in Central Jersey of $400,000 would be a $40k saving, not to mention a 10% saving on $800,000 in Northen Jersey...

I would suggest that you "visit" your homesick area of Linden every month or two on sunny Sunday afternoon (check weather report), then you would attend all Open houses in the area or visit with realtors. Thru that process, you will be able to find a great house at good price ...

Old 10-24-2007, 09:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,783 times
Well we sold our 3 bedroom 2 bath house for 350k last year. It was on 10th st in linden which you probably know is fairly quiet. The newe houses have got expensive (500k) but there are good bargains..some people want to sell quick like we did and lower the price significantly. Research on some realty websites..I'm sure you can get a nice house for 350-400k.

I understand the nostalgia too..I moved to fl but when I visit linden I get very homesick. Its a nice city and pleasant area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey