Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:19 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,950,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESHambone View Post
I see taurus430, so that begs the question would the 2 year mark be when you have actually collected the 104 weeks of unemployment regardless if you have gone past the 2 year mark of your original claim, or would the 2 year mark be considered whenever you hit the 2 year mark of your original claim even if you have not yet collected the 104 weeks because you might have waited a month or two without collecting any benefits to go from EB to Tier 3? I hope this is not confusing lol...Anyone know?
I believe it works on time, ie, anniversary date, but I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 05:26 PM

180 posts, read 452,041 times
I'm not sure taurus430 so you very well might be right about it working on time/anniversary date rather than when you actually collect the 104 weeks. I guess we will find out for sure in the coming months...

Old 12-04-2009, 07:49 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,927 times
Quote:
wannabee, I think you might be getting a bit ahead of yourself lol since right now the most anyone can collect is 99 weeks (5 weeks short of 2 years), but who knows, there might very well be (tho probably not too likely) yet another extension in the future to push it past the 2 year mark. I guess we will cross that bridge when/if we come to it.....
And I thought Chubz was getting ahead. LOL
Chubz was wondering what would happen at the one-year mark. Chubz is still on the original State UI Claim. Big difference between re-opened and new/successive claim. I do know it's 99 weeks. I started the new Tier III as soon as it was available, having run out EB at the end of August. I'll admit my post was a long-winded attempt to dissuade Chubz or others that NJ would do a whole new monetary determination and use alternate base periods because of earnings in the 6 months preceding the DOC. With all the questions I put in that post, if there was someone who could answer yes to all of them, he/she will be out of the woodwork soon. Doubt it though.

Last edited by wannabee; 12-04-2009 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 12-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I don't know, but my last claim (Tier IV) if we get it, is 3 days before my 2 yr mark. I doubt there will be a fifth extension, but you never know.
Have you experienced many gaps between tiers? 4 out of 5 Doctors recommend......bugging your reps in Washington
Quote:
I see taurus430, so that begs the question would the 2 year mark be when you have actually collected the 104 weeks of unemployment regardless if you have gone past the 2 year mark of your original claim, or would the 2 year mark be considered whenever you hit the 2 year mark of your original claim even if you have not yet collected the 104 weeks because you might have waited a month or two without collecting any benefits to go from EB to Tier 3? I hope this is not confusing lol...Anyone know?
ESH, now you're doing it! I know you know it's 99 weeks. I'm sure you meant 99 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I believe it works on time, ie, anniversary date, but I could be wrong.
I believe same. The claim is in effect for one-year MINUS TWO DAYS.
My DOC is SUN 123007 and the BYE date is SUN 122808.
Look at your monetary determination for your BYE date.
Quote:
I'm not sure taurus430 so you very well might be right about it working on time/anniversary date rather than when you actually collect the 104 weeks. I guess we will find out for sure in the coming months...
Remember, even though you can collect 99 weeks' worth of benefits it could take over two years to do so. I went from SUI to Tier I, then there was a gap, then Tier II, then EB, then another gap, then Tier III. I just claimed my 80th and 81st week, coincidentally it was my 99th consecutive week of being unemployed.

So what is my BYE date now? One-year MINUS TWO DAYS from my last BYE date? That would be SAT 122609.

I will certify 010710 for WE 122609 & 010210 but I will make sure to speak to a rep because the 010210 week will be AFTER the two-year anniversary and they will probably flag it as they did at the first-year anniversary.

Oh and BYE THE WAY, if all the tier expiration dates are extended, people like Chubz will have 99 consecutive weeks of benefits.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:27 PM

180 posts, read 452,041 times
Wow wannabee, you just made my head explode! hahaha well let us know what happens with your upcoming 2 year anniversary since other people will be in the same boat as you soon..
I should have said earlier if someone possibly collects 104 weeks if there is a fifth extension (or is it technically a 6th extension?) in the future since there is only 99 possible weeks now..I messed up; guilty as charged haha

Last edited by ESHambone; 12-04-2009 at 09:38 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 09:46 PM

ESHambone - Glad to be of service! ROTL

I will post the update of the 2nd year anniversary but hopefully someone can beat me to it.

Technically, four Tiers plus EB would be extending the original SUI five times. I vote five.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,485 times
2 plus 2 still add up to 4
What difference does it make on how long you take to receive all of your benefit money - the amount of money is what is important and that remains the same regardless of if you take 18 months or 24 months to get it - get real here people - 4 tiers is 4 tiers and does not add up to 104 weeks of payment no matter what way you add it up.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:35 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,950,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rationalview View Post
2 plus 2 still add up to 4
What difference does it make on how long you take to receive all of your benefit money - the amount of money is what is important and that remains the same regardless of if you take 18 months or 24 months to get it - get real here people - 4 tiers is 4 tiers and does not add up to 104 weeks of payment no matter what way you add it up.
It won't add up to 4 if you don't make a deadline to start a Tier!!!! Deadlines are most important that determines how much you collect so this quote is very false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey