U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,676 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I have been looking all over the area and have only found places that were not up to standard: bugs, dirty, really old appliances etc.

We just want a one bedroom with a washer and dryer in the Edison/New Brunswick area. We can manage up to $1150 in rent. Can anyone offer suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 05:57 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,304,161 times
Ive said it before, Ill say it again.
Mill Brook Village - Google Maps

Millbrook Village, Edison. 1br is 950 now and 2br is like 1200. You dont get a W/D in unit but theres a small laundry mat on premises within walking distance of each unit. It is not a "luxury" rental place but all Apt are clean, well kept, bug free, and they are dilligent with repairs and problems.

My Water heater blew up at 2am Sat night/Sunday morning. Had a maintenance guy there within the hour and a crew replacing the heater by 9am. Couldnt ask for it to be any faster/easier. They even had my rugs professionally cleaned after the fact.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 PM

19 posts, read 77,258 times
Default Edison area apartments

There are plenty of nice apartments in the Edison area that suit your budget. I have lived in Durham Woods apartments (Reading Road, Edison, NJ 08817, Tel: 732-549-7999) for several years - it's decent sized and well-maintained. They also have a shuttle service (have to pay though) to Edison train station.

Some of the other complexes in the area are Talmadge Village, Village Point, Rivendell etc.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,414 times
I see a lot of apartment complexes around here (Edison, Highland Park), which I do not remember coming up in our online searches. So maybe driving around and looking for "for rent" signs could yield some good results.

Last edited by Viralmd; 12-11-2009 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: No recommendations from members with fewer than 10 posts, per tos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey