Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:31 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWJERSEY1 View Post
The area I mentioned (West Broadway) IS in Paterson. I don't know what your talking about. If you know the Checker's hamburgers that's there along with a barbershop right across the street from it, it's Paterson for sure. Just wanted to check if that's the safe part or the bad part since I go past it a lot.

Thats actually West Broadway in Paterson, but i know what you mean. West Paterson is near the falls on the other side. To answer your question NO even I do not go into that area and I grew up in Paterson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 AM

68 posts, read 68,898 times
Better to go elsewhere, one does not have to live in a Latin place just to be among Latinos. I think that living in an exclusively Latin community is somewhat stifling for Latin people, assimilate, much healthier for yourself & others. Paterson is really not a diverse city. If one calls many different Latin groups diverse, in that case it would be considered diverse. Black folks are leaving in large numbers. Everyone I speak with wants to leave.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 AM

Smile to "black&proud.

I agree w/ much of what you say. Agree w/ the statement about "beautiful women", etc.; however, if that a really good reason to move to an area??? That is somewhat irrelevant to where one should live.

P.S. I am an "old Anglo lady"

Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM

153 posts, read 377,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neleh View Post
Better to go elsewhere, one does not have to live in a Latin place just to be among Latinos. I think that living in an exclusively Latin community is somewhat stifling for Latin people, assimilate, much healthier for yourself & others. Paterson is really not a diverse city. If one calls many different Latin groups diverse, in that case it would be considered diverse. Black folks are leaving in large numbers. Everyone I speak with wants to leave.
Sorry, why must you respond to a nearly 2 year old thread?
And Paterson is a sh*thole, and I don't see it coming back anytime soon.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZM91 View Post
Sorry, why must you respond to a nearly 2 year old thread?
And Paterson is a sh*thole, and I don't see it coming back anytime soon.
Tell that to the Italian section , its starting to change....i remember it being alot worse then today.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 PM

16 posts, read 24,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Tell that to the Italian section , its starting to change....i remember it being alot worse then today.
and has it changed now that it is 2013?

Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Prieta_Del_Choco View Post
I am considering moving to Peterson, NJ in order to be within close proximity to NYC and, at the same time, live in a city with a lower cost of living. What is it like to live there? And what other cities with lower costs of living and close proximity to NYC would you suggest I consider?

The cost of living is "market rate" (high) lack of availability of housing in general. Paterson not an easy, quick commute to NYC other cities w/ lower cost of living--absolutely not North Jersey. One must go South or to FL. Much crime in Paterson, shootings, drugs, etc. THE PLACE is great; however, the quality of life has diminished--it is a place that caters to the "down & out", the disenfranchised, homeless, etc.
Not many reasons to move there. I have been trying to move for about 10 years-- cannot decide where, etc. stayed in Jersey because of grandkids--they are college age now and have their own lives., so time to go.

North Jersey is not an affordable area for other than 6 figure income, highest real estate taxes in the country, because of our 500 separate municipalities. Many people are leaving because of the $$$$

Good luck,.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:29 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Dude, you're answering posts from 7 years ago.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:31 PM

230 posts, read 258,983 times
Default P-town

Keep going with the thread. I need to more about paterson right now because I may be working at St. Josephs. You said the crime is bad...my boss who is hardcore even said Paterson is crazy with people getting shot on the regular. You spoke of the women?

Old 05-14-2017, 03:38 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
Keep going with the thread. I need to more about paterson right now because I may be working at St. Josephs. You said the crime is bad...my boss who is hardcore even said Paterson is crazy with people getting shot on the regular. You spoke of the women?
Well, someone did, back in 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey