Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2007, 04:55 PM

15 posts, read 95,582 times

Advertisements

we are looking at all sorts of options for relocating--and i was pleasantly surprised at how nice some of the homes are in Neptune City--but arent the schools bad? Where is everyone sending their kids?

I love living at teh shore--but man the school systems suck.(in general)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 11:28 AM

15 posts, read 96,015 times
Neptune & Neptune City, that is a hard question to answer. Neptune is large and very diverse, and Neptune City is small but also very diverse.

Neptune goes from Urban, where it borders Asbury & Bradley Beach, to modern subdivisions out Route 33 & 66 by Home Depot (Greenbriar & Jumping Brook Aveunes) and Shark River Hills Park, and almost country like on the hills above Route 66 . Also there is an area called Shark River Hills (on the back side of Belmar Basin) that is detached (separated by water) from the rest of Neptune that borders Wall. Also there is an Island off the new Route 35 Bridge called Seaview Isle, that may or may not be part of Neptune City (Townhouses on the water in the 350K range).

Parts of Neptune City are very nice, Steiner Ave ends at Belmar Basin (Shark River Inlet) and the areas along the water are very nice. There are areas between Route 35 & Memorial Drive that are nice. You need to drive through Neptune & Neptune City to get a idea about it.

Other towns in the area that have reasonable prices but are a little more expensive than Neptune are Tintion Falls (away from the water), Wanamassa (Borders Neptune at the Asbury Circle by Target and the new shopping Center), and the Highlands (not Atlantic Highlands just Highlands).

Schools, that is a question I can answer but I am not sure what grades you will need.

Not all the Neptune schools are terrible, some are better than others. As you said most of the schools in the overall area are not great.

Deal School (K - 8) in Deal NJ (Not far from Neptune) accepts students from other areas. It is an excellent school with a very small class size. My son graduated in a class of 17 and now goes to RBC. The tuition is reasonable. Also there is St Rose in Belmar, another good school. There are other private schools in the area.

For High School, there are RBC (Red Bank Catholic), CBA (Christian Brothers Academy) and for the very well to do Ranney (K-12)

Last edited by F Rim; 05-19-2007 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey