Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:25 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,364,929 times

Advertisements

Promissory Notes- Lots of them issued by NJ! Just like Cali did..NJ will follow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 02:30 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,769,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Promissory Notes- Lots of them issued by NJ! Just like Cali did..NJ will follow!
That's what Republican governors do, so no doubt Christie will keep up the borrowing and running up the state's deficit. But Republicans are fine with that if they can get some kind of tax break from the borrowing.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:27 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,364,929 times
I am for neither party. Both parties are horrible. I vote republican one time, then when they screw it, I vote democrat, then Ill vote independent. I dont think Im voting anymore and would just prefer to move out of the country if I could. I voted Obama and I think he is doing an aweful job. I believe all parties are both equally unskilled to make any good decisions. We need a revamp of the entire government and throw out this party system.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM

877 posts, read 2,833,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
-urban areas like Newark, Trenton, Paterson, etc will probably start to finally either clean their act up/have the extremely poor move out of state. Budget crisis will mean less handouts to the useless/extemely poor and they will end up shaping up, or shipping out.

- More realistic housing prices in suburban areas. Not saying they will lower, but the suburbs commutable to NYC will become more affordable to the every man (as they always were, prior to the last decade or so)

- more congestion outside of certain towns. While certain areas will have better NYC transportation, more of the outer suburbs will probably expierence more congestion
I'm not so sure about the lower housing prices, but if the inner city areas clean up the property taxes in the suburbs will definitely lower. Why do you think taxes in Essex County, for example, are so high? You have Millburn, Livingston, Roseland, the Caldwells, Essex Fells, Verona, Cedar Grove and a few other affluent areas while very close by you have Newark, Irvington and East Orange. Who pays for all the welfare in the cities?????? I remember quite a few years ago they wanted to break away from the county because of their property taxes being too high.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:17 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,877,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
That would be dumb of the Federal Government, considering that they are currently (and have been for decades) taking our money and funneling it to the poor "red" states like Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, etc. Before "owning" NJ they would have to give us our money back. Then again, with Christie as gov., he will probably give Washington the keys to NJ and walk away in a fluster, considering how Republicans have always sold out our state so that their Republican friends from the red states could siphon our money out of the state and into their pockets.

BOTH parties do the same thing becuase they know that the worst case scenario it goes to the other party for a few years before it goes back to them. It's seriously time to start electing independents and scare some of
these political hacks that are running our state and country into the ground.

For now, I'm voting GRIP

Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Old 12-31-2009, 01:10 AM

728 posts, read 1,960,938 times
I dont see how the cities are going to clean up. Where are the people living there going to go? I personally think things will be similar to how they are now in most communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey