U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:24 PM

1,346 posts, read 1,917,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS43 View Post
South Orange and Maplewood share a school district. Yes, I am sure I live in Maplewood near the reservation. South Mountain school is in South Orange but children who live on my street in Maplewood do go there. And my child does not attend school yet, I think I made that clear.
Sorry, I was unaware of the shared school district.
In my part of NJ many towns zip codes overlap and people actually don't realize what town they really live in, for example part of Middletown has a Red Bank zip code and many people get confused
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 06:08 PM

56 posts, read 199,390 times
Kort677,

No problem. My goal was to be helpful. I think most of the elementary schools in the district are well regarded. There are 2 middle schools in the district and one high school.

The towns have been discussing shared services but I am not sure how far that discussion has gone.

Stace, there is a website you can check out for more details about the community.

Maplewood Online

D

Last edited by DWS43; 05-28-2007 at 06:53 PM..

Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 AM

6,862 posts, read 17,714,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
Sorry, I was unaware of the shared school district.
In my part of NJ many towns zip codes overlap and people actually don't realize what town they really live in, for example part of Middletown has a Red Bank zip code and many people get confused
Or you could be like a friend of mine whose lot is in two towns. He pays garbage fees to one town but the other town's truck comes to collect it!

Old 05-29-2007, 06:04 AM

56 posts, read 199,390 times
Perhaps that is the case for someone but not us. Our street is all Maplewood. Also, South Orange and Maplewood have different garbage collection contracts.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,825 times
Default Tax info?

Everyone keeps saying taxes in NJ, and specifically Maplewood are very high, but what does that mean? I live in Westchester, also very high taxes. Are the taxes as high as Westchester, or even higher? are we talking, on average, over $15,000? Can anyone give me any guidance as to how I can access property tax info for NJ homes for sale? None of the realty websites ever shows the taxes, makes it ridiculously hard to figure out what the actual monthly payment is on a home if you don't know what the tax burden is. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:44 PM

12,284 posts, read 33,701,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymarie View Post
Everyone keeps saying taxes in NJ, and specifically Maplewood are very high, but what does that mean? I live in Westchester, also very high taxes. Are the taxes as high as Westchester, or even higher? are we talking, on average, over $15,000? Can anyone give me any guidance as to how I can access property tax info for NJ homes for sale? None of the realty websites ever shows the taxes, makes it ridiculously hard to figure out what the actual monthly payment is on a home if you don't know what the tax burden is. Thanks.

coming from westchester, you won't have the tax shock as others will from less expensive areas. go to gsmls.com - all the listings there show the latest taxes on the property. maplewood is pretty high - i'd say an average 3-4 bedroom home on a typical 50x100 lot is going to run around $12K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey