Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,842 times

Advertisements

my husband works for amtrak and we have a 10 mo old son.
we are looking for a middle class area with shopping, good schools and parks around. areas around trenton or washington close by where amtrak stops are at...please help asap thankk you
looking for a great apartment 1 or 2 bdrms. thanks

Last edited by aries23; 02-17-2008 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 11:35 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,409 times
I was gonna say if you didn't have a 10 month old son, why not just move to Trenton? I am currently living in the Polish section near the Lawrence border and I think it's great! But since that's not the case... I would try Bordentown City or township. Bordentown City is nice, along the lines of a Lambertville... small, lots to do. Prices are mostly middle class and I believe have good schools... good luck!

Old 02-17-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
I was gonna say if you didn't have a 10 month old son, why not just move to Trenton? I am currently living in the Polish section near the Lawrence border and I think it's great! But since that's not the case... I would try Bordentown City or township. Bordentown City is nice, along the lines of a Lambertville... small, lots to do. Prices are mostly middle class and I believe have good schools... good luck!

yeah i have to make sure its a safe town for my baby as well as having great schools too, thanks thou

Old 02-17-2008, 11:49 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,409 times
Yes... Bordentown city "is" safe... check the city data crime stats on it... very low!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,367,911 times
Why not look in Woodbridge Township- Amtrak stops at the Metropark station there, and it's much safer and family-friendly than Trenton.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:25 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,601,560 times
Is the Philly stop an option?

The further south you go in NJ the cheaper it's going to be.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:16 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,118 times
I also recommend Bordentown Township or Bordentown City. It depends what kind of apartment you would like. If you want a garden apartment - Bordentown Township has a few complexes. You may be able to rent a townhouse as well. In Bordentown City you could find a house that was converted into a couple of apartments, or a duplex to rent. Apartments above stores are also common there. Bordentown City has a nice feel to it. Almost everything is within walking distance. Its a nice small town feel too. Good luck!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
Is the Philly stop an option?

The further south you go in NJ the cheaper it's going to be.

yeah cld be an option... i know its cheaper in philly.. and very nice as well
!!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
I also recommend Bordentown Township or Bordentown City. It depends what kind of apartment you would like. If you want a garden apartment - Bordentown Township has a few complexes. You may be able to rent a townhouse as well. In Bordentown City you could find a house that was converted into a couple of apartments, or a duplex to rent. Apartments above stores are also common there. Bordentown City has a nice feel to it. Almost everything is within walking distance. Its a nice small town feel too. Good luck!
the apmt well .. as long its a good area and nice apmt its good for us. ill check the townhouses... stores in walking distance is great so if my huby takes the car i can still go to the stores with my baby in the stroller.

my broither is moving by lakehurst so we wanted to b alil closer to him.!!

Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,752,244 times
If you need to be in NJ I would recommend Woodbridge, Avanel, Islin, Edison, Metuchen area. All pretty nice all pretty safe, all decent schools. Houses can be a bit of a sticker shock so do some homework. 300k to over 1mil depending, unless your just planning on renting for now and then there all about the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey