Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 03:41 PM

61 posts, read 376,896 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Like to inquire if anyone has information on the following condominiums:

-Insignia Gardens in North Bergen, NJ (9252 Kennedy Boulevard)
-The Siena in Montclair, NJ (48 South Park Street)

1) How are the neighborhoods – safe, quiet, clean, nice views?
2) Nearby shopping (quality stores), transportation, parks?
3) If anyone knows about these two condominiums, are they nice, good quality, well-priced?

Any information given is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 04:20 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,274,629 times
Can answer on Montclair. Would take this over North Bergen -- great neighborhood, and the spot is right in the center of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericka178 View Post
Hello,

You're right in the downtown. Definitely a nice spot, maybe not the quietest, but then the town isn't all that noisy.

Quote:
2) Nearby shopping (quality stores),
Whole foods, lots of nice shops (some tea specialty shops, and independent book store, bakeries, nice variety of restaurants, etc.) Just visit the location (in person or if that's not practical, with google street view) and this will become readily apparent.

Quote:
transportation,
walk to walnut st station. Parking isn't great, the town doesn't allow overnight street parking.

Quote:
parks?
several.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 PM

728 posts, read 1,965,101 times
Enless your in the bad area Montclair is wayy better then north bergen. No comparision

Old 12-07-2009, 07:06 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,887,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericka178 View Post
Hello,

2) Nearby shopping (quality stores), transportation, parks?
3) If anyone knows about these two condominiums, are they nice, good quality, well-priced?

Any information given is greatly appreciated!
I grew up right by insignia gardens and I used to play around on the roof and loading dock of the old factory it replaced.

1. I'd say the neighborhood is very safe, relatively quiet, and clean (by hudson county standards). Although, I'm very oblivous to the quality of life stuff that other people find so offensive in Hudson County (like that guy Todd that always used to be around here complaining about JC Heights). You can probably see hackensack, newark and the tallest buildings of manhattan just peaking over the trees of north hudson park from the top floor of this place.

2. There's plenty of nearby shopping, but for yuppie stuff, you'd have to drive down to Edgewater or Fort Lee (if that's what you meant by "quality" stores). I'd say transportation from there is absolutely excellent. A lot of the njt buses from all over suburban north jersey pass by on their way to blvd east one block away from the condos (you just walk past the dairy cream and the bus stop is right there). Also, the dollar vans run every few minutes to nyc via blvd east or to Downtown JC via bergenline. It's two blocks away from North Hudson Park, which is huge and amazing.

3. I've never been inside the condos and have no idea about their pricing.

All in all, Montclair is almost certainly the better choice if the money is equal. However, depending on the price differential, NB might make more sense for you.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:03 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,150 times
I opened this thread because I was intrigued why someone would put Montclair & North Bergen together. IMO the ONLY thing better about NB over Montclair is that the commute to NYC is shorter and cheaper. Other than that Montclair is the clear winner, much nicer town, better quality of life and much more to do.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:35 PM

61 posts, read 376,896 times
Smile North Bergen & Montclair, NJ

Thank you all very much for responding - greatly appreciated :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey