Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NJ bill would give break to undocumented students
Agree 6 14.29%
Disagree 33 78.57%
Unsure 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:09 AM

341 posts, read 678,572 times

Advertisements

I know quite a few undocumented immigrants who own homes legally. Also, the federal government now makes it possible for undocumented immigrants to file federal income taxes. They created the "Tax ID Number." The federal government (big business) wants these people here and wants them to stay in the shadows so they can be exploited.

I know an undocumented immigrant who received her tax id number last year. She actually was able to file for the last year that she could not. She received a check from the federal government for over $10,000.

Undocumented immigrants are a legitimate part of our society. It is the policies of our government that make them "illegal." I hate that term illegal. It implies that a human being, his actions and his life, are not valid.

Undocumented immigrants should receive the same benefits that any other resident does. I have contacted my representative and urged him to vote the will of the people by voting in favor of the bill.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:50 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
I know quite a few undocumented immigrants who own homes legally. Also, the federal government now makes it possible for undocumented immigrants to file federal income taxes. They created the "Tax ID Number." The federal government (big business) wants these people here and wants them to stay in the shadows so they can be exploited.

I know an undocumented immigrant who received her tax id number last year. She actually was able to file for the last year that she could not. She received a check from the federal government for over $10,000.

Undocumented immigrants are a legitimate part of our society. It is the policies of our government that make them "illegal." I hate that term illegal. It implies that a human being, his actions and his life, are not valid.

Undocumented immigrants should receive the same benefits that any other resident does. I have contacted my representative and urged him to vote the will of the people by voting in favor of the bill.
The results of the poll for this thread indicates that most people on city-data have the correct opinion on the issue of illegal aliens. Now, if we all notify our representatives in the same proportion as the poll results, we can easily begin to correct a bad government policy of accomodating illegal aliens in higher education at the expense of our legal and legitimate children. The bill is already stalling. Contact your representatives. It's fun. And addicting. Go through the trouble once, you're set. Making your voice heard in the future will then take only a couple of mouse clicks. We all do it, good stuff will happen. You want lower taxes and efficient government? There is no other way.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:17 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times
Quote:
The's no need to perpetuate or repeat a mistake made by the federal government.

Quote:
No, it's the act of crossing the border and coming into our country without going through the lawful procedure created for becoming a resident of our country. That's what makes them illegal. The breaking of a law. That action explicitly turns them into criminals. If you want to infer from that the invalidity of that persons life, you go ahead & do that.

Quote:
Illegal immigrants should receive nothing from our country, as they have not chosen to be a part of it. I've contacted my representative and urged him to vote the will of the people by voting aainst the bill.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:18 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times
This is veering way off topic and belongs in Politics and Other Controversies.

Thread locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey