U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,254 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Monmouth Co this summer. I've heard Little Silver is a great place to live... I know the K-8 schools in LS are great but do they all go to RBR? Is that a good HS? Or do they end up going elsewhere?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 07:53 PM

39 posts, read 115,095 times
Unlike the Red Bank elementary and middle school, RBR is a very good high school. It is actually in Little Silver and has an excellent Performing Arts program. I believe all little silver students go there. We're moving to Little Silver in March : )

Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,376,286 times
Really - a very good high school? Based on what?

Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 PM

Top New Jersey high schools by rank | www.njmonthly.com

It's not the best high school in NJ, but I think "very Good" would describe it. There are other sites you can look into.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:55 AM

390 posts, read 1,434,034 times
What besides the high school attracts you to Little Silver? Just curious.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:07 AM

See my other thread...

Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,727 times
I recently moved into Little Silver and my Son had to start RBR as a Junior. He came from a Magnet/Vocational High School from Northern Jersey. And he is having a really hard time adjusting, I also had heard this was one of the best High Schools but my son is very disappointed. It is a HUGE difference from the small H.S. he came from. His old H.S. didn't make it in the NJ mag. but he would have been graduating with College credits from there so I really don't know what requirements are needed to make the magazine. My advise to you is visit the school when it is in sessions, I wish I would have!

Old 07-17-2012, 10:07 AM

2 posts, read 3,190 times
I live in Little Silver and had three children attend RBR. Freshman year they merge the three main sending districts, so there is lots of diversity. After that, the academics are as challenging as you choose to make it. Plenty of AP optinons and they recently added IB. All of my kids were accepted by excellent universities and easily made the transition from high school to college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: