Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be working in these areas for the next month or so. Recommend any good sports bars or restaurants? Im 40 so Im not into the club scene or whatever the jersey shore furor is about. I'm staying in Linden.

Also a big hockey fan...is it tough to get a ticket to the Devils or Rangers? In term of commute times how long would it take to get to a game from Linden. Car, train, or taxi is best?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 04:28 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,018,863 times
You must be working in the refinery?

Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 PM

You are correct.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
You are correct.
I think the Conoco refinery is one of the most awesome looking things around. I can't believe anyone actually understands how it all works. I wish they would give public tours, I'd sign up.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
I'm going to be working in these areas for the next month or so. Recommend any good sports bars or restaurants? Im 40 so Im not into the club scene or whatever the jersey shore furor is about. I'm staying in Linden.

Also a big hockey fan...is it tough to get a ticket to the Devils or Rangers? In term of commute times how long would it take to get to a game from Linden. Car, train, or taxi is best?
Most of the restaurants in these towns are along Route 1. You'll find the typical stuff like Applebees, TGI Fridays, etc.

As for hockey, the Devils play at the Prudential Center in Newark which is only about a 15 minute drive from Linden. If you want to see the Rangers it's about a 30 minute train ride from Linden to NYC. I don't watch hockey so I have no idea how tough it would be to get tickets for either team.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 PM

71 posts, read 343,752 times
Good Restaurants in Rahway:

Cubanu
Cubanu Restaurant/Lounge

Nancy's Townehouse
Nancy's Towne House - Google Maps

Luciano's
Luciano's Ristorante, Rahway, NJ

Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
With that user name, it's fitting you live in Linden! Getting to a Devs game is easy. Take the train Northbound (towards the city) get off at Newark-Penn and walk about a block and a half southwest and you're at the Rock! You can see it from the train when you get there.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 AM

So the trainstop is walking distance to the arena. Good deal is the trainstop in Linden safe to leave a car at? Seen some mixed comments about safety elsewhere in the forum. BTW I dont live in Linden, just doing some work there.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:26 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
So the trainstop is walking distance to the arena. Good deal is the trainstop in Linden safe to leave a car at? Seen some mixed comments about safety elsewhere in the forum. BTW I dont live in Linden, just doing some work there.
Don't bother taking the train from Linden to Newark. It only takes 15 minutes to drive there as it is. You'll waste more time waiting for the train each way than if you just got in your car and drove to Newark. Especially late at night after the game the trains only run about every 30-60 minutes. Not worth the wait. If you're going to NYC to see the Rangers, then take the train.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Yep the Rock is a hop, skip and a jump from Newark-Penn. To be honest I don't know much about the area around the Linden train station. Linden itself is working class and I'd guess the area around the station is pretty well-secured. One of the above posters said it'd be better to drive to the arena. While you may save some time (all you need to do is take Rt 1/9, don't bother with the TPK) driving there, parking isn't very good around the Rock and I know your car is a lot more vulnerable parked in Newark than it is at any train station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey