Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:28 AM

3 posts, read 11,700 times

Advertisements

Any tips on how to find a good place to rent in the Dover area? My daughters are moving this August to work and attend the Joe Kubert School of Comic Art. We toured the area in November and thought the Village Green would be a good place to live, but the manager has since decided she won't deal with us long distance. We are currently in California. Should we hire a realtor? Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyonemura View Post
Any tips on how to find a good place to rent in the Dover area? My daughters are moving this August to work and attend the Joe Kubert School of Comic Art. We toured the area in November and thought the Village Green would be a good place to live, but the manager has since decided she won't deal with us long distance. We are currently in California. Should we hire a realtor? Any recommendations?
do a forum search on dover, many comments, good and bad

Old 06-14-2007, 08:40 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyonemura View Post
village green in budd lake? not a bad place, surprising they won't deal long distance. try oakwood village in flanders - i'd pick that over village green. or, if they don't mind driving about 20-25 minutes, peachtree village in long valley (washington twsp) - that's the best of the 3.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:11 AM

And did I mention that cats must be allowed?

Old 06-14-2007, 01:47 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Have you ever been to Dover? It's not the greatest or safest town in the world. If you want to be in Dover try to stay on the boarder of Randolph. If you just want to be close, try The Gateways at Randolph. Excellent rentals, safe and secure. Not sure about cats.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:00 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Have you ever been to Dover? It's not the greatest or safest town in the world. If you want to be in Dover try to stay on the boarder of Randolph. If you just want to be close, try The Gateways at Randolph. Excellent rentals, safe and secure. Not sure about cats.
the OP didn't say Dover proper, he/she said Dover area. Randolph's a good choice if they want to be close. I don't know this specific complex, but my guess if OP mentioned Village Green, anything in Randolph is probably too much $$$$.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:03 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
Dover isn't dangerous by a long shot. While Dover and its citizens (the Dover Ricans) do have their fare share of problems (most of which eminate from the fact that the population is 50% third-world latin-american) a high crime rate is not one of them.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:13 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Dover isn't dangerous by a long shot. While Dover and its citizens (the Dover Ricans) do have their fare share of problems (most of which eminate from the fact that the population is 50% third-world latin-american) a high crime rate is not one of them.
Phuleeze. I agree that violent crime might not be high in Dover but property crime is skyrocketing. All crime rates are higher than surrounding towns.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:44 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,199,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
================================

I second that...!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Dover Area Apartment Found

Thanks for all the great tips and input. Village Green did ultimately work with us long distance, and we secured an apartment there. The area seems nice. My daughter will commute from Budd Lake to Dover for school. It's good to know the crime rate situation. She'll park a car at the Joe Kubert School while in attendance. Possible commute by train. Is walking to school from the train station safe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey