Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 11:27 PM

29 posts, read 63,967 times

Advertisements

There is a very strange building on Passaic Street in Garfield. This building is actually right across from the new Home Depot center they are now building. The structure itself looks like a large modern office building, but it is completely out of character with the surrounding neighborhood, which are mostly 2 family homes.
Here's more: The building has some large black mirrored windows in the front. There is a tall black iron gate that surrounds the entire building and attached parking lot. The view of the building on google earth shows the roof is covered in solar panels. The shape of the building is an actual triangle. Who builds triangular buildings?
There are no markings of any kind on the building, no street number, no signs/name or identifying marks at all. The building appears to have several grey steel doors that open to concrete ramps that exit onto passaic street.
Most times the parking lot is empty, tonight it was half full. The cars are all normal civilian type vehicles, not poilice or undercover, not government vehicles. I have also noticed a bunch of passenger vans parked there also
The place is weird, what is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 AM

1,542 posts, read 6,039,751 times
is this the building you're referring to?

217 passaic st garfield nj - Google Maps

if so, it's the calvary baptist church of garfield.

i'm somewhat surprised that such a large baptist church that presumably has a majority african-american congregation would be located in garfield, which is only 3% af-am. i would've expected a church like this to be located in hackensack, teaneck, or englewood, which all have large af-am populations.

in all likelihood, this church draws congregants from a number of nearby communities rather than just garfield alone.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:23 AM

29 posts, read 63,967 times
That's it! Wow, a Baptist Church. I never would have guessed that. Still find it very strange. There's no cross on the building at all either. But thanks, case closed.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:28 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,583,343 times
Way up in the rural moiuntains of NW NJ there is a rock marking a dirt road where you turn and when you go that way there is a church underground in the mountain. You go past some gate I think and you see vans that transport people there but then the only thing above ground is an entrance to everything else below ground. Have been there quite a few years ago. It's up in Sussex county. A bit weird anyway.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:08 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,036,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Way up in the rural moiuntains of NW NJ there is a rock marking a dirt road where you turn and when you go that way there is a church underground in the mountain. You go past some gate I think and you see vans that transport people there but then the only thing above ground is an entrance to everything else below ground. Have been there quite a few years ago. It's up in Sussex county. A bit weird anyway.
Yes... a church. That's what Mr. Wayne wants you to think.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,583,343 times
I say that because they drove and parked these white vans with. mostly from NY I think, Korean writing on them. Quite a few people went there each weekend and you see the vans parked but all the ZOMBIES went underground, lol. This is for real, not kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey