Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:21 PM

16 posts, read 27,912 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to New Jersey within a month to two months. We live in Alabaster AL for the moment and need to get some ideas on local realtors and what basically what life is like in the northeast. I have lived along the Gulf Coast my whole life so this should be a pretty big change for everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 10:27 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,902 times
Please send realtor information by DM.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:36 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
What part of the state?

Old 02-02-2010, 04:17 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,872,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
What part of the state?
yea, real important question... North and south is VERY different

Old 02-02-2010, 06:31 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,784,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonW1982 View Post
My family and I are moving to New Jersey within a month to two months. We live in Alabaster AL for the moment and need to get some ideas on local realtors and what basically what life is like in the northeast. I have lived along the Gulf Coast my whole life so this should be a pretty big change for everybody.
You're going to be much colder up here in the winter...

Old 02-02-2010, 07:55 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,753,371 times
Generally, most everything is more expensive but your wages are usually higher to offset this. Depending on where you live you can be in the middle of the hustle and rat race of a city or more laid back in the country. One of the greatest things about Jersey is that typically within an hours drive you can be in ANY type of environment you want to be (City, Farm, Surburbia, Beach town). Also, depending on where you live in relation to where you will be working will dictate your morning commute. Generally the worst traffic is travelling towards NYC. If you have the ability to live in or near the town your working or can travel opposite the NYC crowd then you will have a much better commute.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 AM

I'm probably going to be in or around Cranford. I would definitely like to be in a more country setting. I lived in Baton Rouge for 14 years and kinda over crazy traffic all the time. If LSU isn't letting out at 2 then at 5 for rush hour...of course thats anywhere.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,371,880 times
Cranford is far from being a "country setting". If you think Baton Rouge had "crazy traffic", you're going to be in for a rude awakening when you get to central NJ.

Just curious- why the drastic change in location, and how much do you know about what you're getting into?

Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 PM

My dad got a job up that way...actually know nothing about the area or the people but hey...you can live anywhere you have to to pay the bills. I lived in south america for a year so...I got that figured. Every place has it's pros and cons. I figure cranford being right outside of New York isn't going to be exactly quiet but they might end up grabbing something further south of that. Me persoanlly I will be looking for an apartment soon as I get up that way...Im just trying to help them find something.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:40 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,637,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonW1982 View Post
My dad got a job up that way...actually know nothing about the area or the people but hey...you can live anywhere you have to to pay the bills. I lived in south america for a year so...I got that figured. Every place has it's pros and cons. I figure cranford being right outside of New York isn't going to be exactly quiet but they might end up grabbing something further south of that. Me persoanlly I will be looking for an apartment soon as I get up that way...Im just trying to help them find something.
If you're looking for an apartment regardless, why leave Alabama now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey