U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 AM
 
1,645 posts, read 3,340,424 times
Reputation: 1391

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Its a visible sign of lack of control and the inability to take responsibilty to correct the situation.....it sends the message that being "fat" is ok when its clearly not......at some point in our lives we all need to take responsibility for ourselves whether its our health, our finances or other responsibilities.....too many today seem to lack this responsibility as we witness the growing amount of out of shape Americans and those that walk away from their aquired debts through irresponsible spending by claiming bankrupcy........our society is deteriorating financially and healthwise and taking a general "who cares" attitude is not the answer we need. Bottom line is the governor and those who find being "fat" acceptable need to spend less time at the dinner table and more time exercising and we'll all be better off for it.
Umm...actually, it is.

I could make just as silly a post about Austin's new gay mayor. "It sends the message that being gay is ok and clearly it is not!!!!!". Both are silly and pathetic statements, although I have a feeling you would jump all over me for the latter.

I'm so disgusted with and sick of this socialistic busybody mentality that someone's weight is your business. If socialized healthcare means that I have to monitor everything I eat and count calories or whether or not I can smoke because "you are paying for my healthcare" then TO HELL WITH THAT.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 02-05-2010, 12:35 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
29,309 posts, read 28,369,338 times
Reputation: 36958
At least somebody here got it right. He could probably eat a better diet (most of us could) and could use some exercise, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he'd drop much weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
First of all, genetics plays a very big role in determining ones weight. There is abundant medical literature available describing how this is almost certainly the case. Secondly, emotional/psycological issues may be at play. People with certain eating disorder crave food like an alcoholic craves alcohol! Yes, the desire to eat can be that powerful and is only overcome by months of therapy! (Look at the National Institute of Health website) Third, there can be metapolical or other physical issues at play. We never know.

Oh yeah, do you want another statistics that the top bariatric doctor in the Northeast told me?! Out of 100 people that are morbidly obese and try to loose weight, only 5 will succeed and only 1 will keep it off. Yes, it is that hard to lose weight!!! As an obese individual myself, I once LOST 120 POUNDS IN A YEAR just to gain it all back and then some. I would go to the gym for 2 hours a day and NOBODY COULD SAY I LACKED WILL POWER!!! However, I developed an eating disorder that took me months to overcome, AFTER I put on 130 pounds IN A YEAR!!! Nobody gains that much weight without a medical problem. Obese people have to live their entire lives being JUDGED BY and are often being seen in a negative light. Often, it is something that IS NOT OF THEIR CHOOSING!!! Did I ask to have an eating disorder? Heck no!!! It just happened. Stuff like that happens like some people develop cancer. Hence, I do not feel that anyone should judge someone else on the health condition that someone else was born into.

You don't know what is going on with Mr. Christie's weight. PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE HIM ON THAT. Listen, I did not vote for the man because I disagree with his politics. Find an intelligent reason to dislike him, like I did!!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 03:59 AM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 24,547,822 times
Reputation: 4542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
At least somebody here got it right. He could probably eat a better diet (most of us could) and could use some exercise, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he'd drop much weight.
True , i'm slightly over weight , but he still doesn't show enough emotion , he rolls his eyes alot, and hardly smiles.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 05:09 AM
 
17,016 posts, read 16,630,310 times
Reputation: 10464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
True , i'm slightly over weight , but he still doesn't show enough emotion , he rolls his eyes alot, and hardly smiles.
Did his 130 convictions of 130 of our illustrious politicans impress you at all?

Or do you use a more eclectic criteria when casting your vote.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 05:30 AM
 
17,016 posts, read 16,630,310 times
Reputation: 10464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
But hes huge , and were paying for his Medical bills & Insurance , he needs a diet.
Another good reason for NJ's taxpayers and voters to stay out of managing our health care.

Do you want to pay for the health care all of the fat people?

I don't.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 AM
 
158 posts, read 550,755 times
Reputation: 118
So him being fat means that he couldn't possibly be smart and have good business acumen?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 AM
 
Location: NJ
18,457 posts, read 13,298,846 times
Reputation: 12379
Default grandma says

Grandma always told me to find a healthy girl. Some heft showed she was well fed which implied her family had money and she didn't have worms or tuberculosis.

Made sense when and where that 'truth' was evolved.

Apparently some of the old world provincial proverbs that applied to an ancient Hungaran farm village are alive and well. Proves that the mindset that resulted in the burning of witches is alive and well and not embarassed to post such a question.

Of course I always wondered why NJ would elect a governor who hid behind a beard. I mean what was that guy hiding? Did he not feel good about himself?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 33,106,107 times
Reputation: 5268
"why would NJ elect a Governor that can't even Govern his own weight?"

just a wild guess here, but maybe because he got the most votes?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Hudson County, NJ
1,490 posts, read 2,839,904 times
Reputation: 1182
I can't even sift through 3 pages of this ridiculous debate Mod cut. Why don't we just start voting in supermodels for governors, and the next president.

This just just as bad as the ny post headlines about the Jets head coach's weight issues and having fat jokes on EVERY headline. Weight is irrelevant and a tough thing for these people to deal with, leave it out of the conversation, and focus on whether or not they do their job right.

Last edited by Viralmd; 02-05-2010 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Personal attack
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 06:03 PM
 
Location: occupied east coast
952 posts, read 2,158,639 times
Reputation: 2191
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
I have nothing against pork, but when it comes to governing you should be able to control yourself before even considering controlling a state.

My goodness, how mean, petty and vindictive can you get.

I'll bet you laugh at cripples too.

Face facts, your side lost, get over it!
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top