U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,510,993 times
Reputation: 621

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Flossin' View Post
So him being fat means that he couldn't possibly be smart and have good business acumen?

Eating yourself to an early death or smoking or drinking yourself to an early death is just plain dumb and doesn't exhibit the type of good decision making I want to see in someone making decisions for me ?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 02-05-2010, 05:29 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,510,993 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Weight is irrelevant and a tough thing for these people to deal with.
If they show over a lifetime that they can't can't deal with tough decisions regarding themselves why should they be trusted to make the right decisions elsewhere ? Theres no excuse for allowing yourself to slip into that type of physical shape unless there are some "extreme" medical issues being dealt with and I doubt that 1/3 of our population has "extreme" medical conditions.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
2,771 posts, read 5,793,920 times
Reputation: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
I have nothing against pork, but when it comes to governing you should be able to control yourself before even considering controlling a state.
If there was ever evidence of blind partisanship, this thread is it.

I wonder if those who are so adamant in their convictions that Christie's weight is detrimental to his performance, would reverse themselves if an overweight democrat were running for office. I wonder what these people think of Barney Frank ?

One of the most effective ways to expose intellectual dishonesty is to post a manifestly indefensible argument, and see who takes the bait.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,510,993 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
If there was ever evidence of blind partisanship, this thread is it.

I wonder if those who are so adamant in their convictions that Christie's weight is detrimental to his performance, would reverse themselves if an overweight democrat were running for office. I wonder what these people think of Barney Frank ?

One of the most effective ways to expose intellectual dishonesty is to post a manifestly indefensible argument, and see who takes the bait.
This has nothing to do with political affiliation.....at least for me it doesn't......so don't attempt to attach a Democratic or Republican perspective to the options posted........this thread only addresses the question of how can one make good political decisions when the individual in charge can't determine when to push himself away from the dinner table ? A fat Democrat or Republican still sends the same message that they can't control their own behavior even when its harmful. And....it doesn't matter if its food, alcohol or smoking.....the fact that someone can't control themselves enough to give up something thats literally killing them speaks volumes to their willpower......yes......I know its difficult to overcome these issues but if you want to live longer.....and especially if you want to be governor......grow a set and take control of your own life first and be a good example so people will have the confidance you will be able to make the right decisions.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
 
94 posts, read 297,492 times
Reputation: 44
We are the fattest country in the world and Christie is obese. He's a walking example of why this health care system is broken. We have way too many fat people per capita. According to the World Health Organization, 74 percent of Americans are fat. Christie is a product of a fat society which is bankrupting the health system.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-06-2010, 06:34 AM
 
1,645 posts, read 3,342,426 times
Reputation: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Eating yourself to an early death or smoking or drinking yourself to an early death is just plain dumb and doesn't exhibit the type of good decision making I want to see in someone making decisions for me ?
Well, that's your business and your right. Fortunately, the majority of NJ voters disagreed with you, recognized Corslime for the piece of human refuse he is, and decided that such little issues as government spending, the state of the economy, and statewide corruption were a bit more important than whether Chris Christie has bacon with his eggs.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-06-2010, 08:57 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,510 posts, read 3,510,993 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Well, that's your business and your right. Fortunately, the majority of NJ voters disagreed with you, recognized Corslime for the piece of human refuse he is, and decided that such little issues as government spending, the state of the economy, and statewide corruption were a bit more important than whether Chris Christie has bacon with his eggs.
Your barbed response is pointed in the wrong direction......I am neither democrate or republican......I only responded to the OP regarding the fact that its difficult to imagaine that a governor who can't control his own behavior concerning his own personal welfare should be responsible for the welfare of millions ? Makes no difference if hes a democrat or republican. Eating yourself to death is just plain dumb and doesn't instill confidance in anyone whether you voted for him or not........and I seriously doubt that his present physical condition is the result of having bacon with his eggs.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
15,621 posts, read 12,160,804 times
Reputation: 11230
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
I have nothing against pork, but when it comes to governing you should be able to control yourself before even considering controlling a state.
Too bad they didn't use your criteria when FDR was elected.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, NC
7,954 posts, read 12,044,932 times
Reputation: 33292
People would argue that it's none of our business that a former Pres made the life style choice to dangle his private parts in the intern pool.

Yet he supposedly was able to make great decisions!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-06-2010, 01:00 PM
 
1,645 posts, read 3,342,426 times
Reputation: 1391
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Your barbed response is pointed in the wrong direction......I am neither democrate or republican......I only responded to the OP regarding the fact that its difficult to imagaine that a governor who can't control his own behavior concerning his own personal welfare should be responsible for the welfare of millions ? Makes no difference if hes a democrat or republican. Eating yourself to death is just plain dumb and doesn't instill confidance in anyone whether you voted for him or not........and I seriously doubt that his present physical condition is the result of having bacon with his eggs.
Sir, I don't really care about your political affiliations. I myself am not registed with either of the major parties and have my own views on the issues. I tend to vote Republican, specifically in New Jersey, more out of a "lesser of two evils" sentiment than any genuine affection.

The fact remains that his weight is none of the public's business, and especially at a time when there are much more pressing issues to be discussed.

I know you're "unaffiliated", but I seriously doubt that claiming Clinton was unfit because of his sexual infidelity (as a later poster made a good point of) would go unchallenged in this forum.

The fact of the matter is that some personal choices are just that - Personal choices. I'm not buying your argument for a second. Winston Churchill was an alcoholic, for God's sake, and I don't beliebe it rendered him an ineffective leader.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top