Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:39 PM

9 posts, read 37,622 times

Advertisements

I was looking for some information regarding this area. My husband and I have seen some really nice looking homes, very well priced online in this area. He wants to check it out. BAsed on some of the posts here I am a little scared. We have a 5 year old who will be attending Catholic school if there's one in the area. Does anyone have information on any of these developments? I don't want to move somewhere and be afraid to walk down the street. Any information on the area would be appreciated Thanks!!!
Spring Valley
Mayfair Meadows
Stone Hollow
Avondale West
Wyndham Hill
Asten Woods
Wiltons Corner
Wye Oak
Mullberry Station
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 02:13 PM

29 posts, read 140,909 times
Default Hi!

My parent's live in Sicklerville. Sicklerville is not a bad town (there are some bad areas) but all in all the town of Sicklerville is pretty ok. I'm glad that you will be putting your child in Catholic School because from what my parents tell me, the public schools are not the best. The developments to my liking on your list (Wilton's Corner, Wyndham Hill) also not on your list Cobblestone.

I hope this helps you a bit....Good Luck!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 06:29 PM

79 posts, read 498,624 times
I Live in Washington township.....10 mins from Sicklerville. This town from my understanding has a good area and a bad one. (not too bad) Some schools are pretty good. Wilton's corner & Wyndham hill are my favorite..

good luck-
Maria

Old 05-29-2007, 07:35 PM

29 posts, read 163,103 times
I agree with the rest...the town has grown faster then the public schools can keep up with. Wilton's Corner is very nice! I've been through there many times. Lots of new construction and a brand new shopping center right around the corner

Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 AM

12 posts, read 48,276 times
Default I live in Wilton's Corner

I live in Wilton's Corner for the last three years and am very happy here. My son also goes to public school and we've never had a problem. I think the schools are just fine.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:15 PM

13 posts, read 54,258 times
My Mom has lived in Sicklerville for a few months. She likes it. She was living in Edison and Sicklerville is much cheaper, less crowded, and seems like a nice area.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:46 PM

5 posts, read 27,164 times
I originally lived in Philadelphia and moved to Sicklerville, NJ eight years ago. I currently live in Forest Ridge off of Kearsley Road, which is up the street from Wilton's Corner. I have twins that have attended Gloucester Township schools since the fourth grade, they are now 17 years old in the twelfth grade. I know a lot of the kids who attend Gloucester Township schools and Winslow Township schools. Some students are serious about their education and some are not. Provide your children with a good foundation from home and everything else falls into place. There are Catholic, and private schools here. Look up Gloucester and Winslow Township and you should be able to find out all you need to know. Taxes in Gloucester township are higher than Winslow.

Gloucester Township schools are very good. The Winslow Township schools are challenged by disruptive students. As time goes on both school systems will change as students graduate. Parents here are quick to judge the school systems. Parents should teach their children the do's and don't s in addition to respect.

The housing standards and the quality of life are far better than Philadelphia. You'll have to get use to the quietness here. As neighbors we all have something in common... working hard to pay the taxes.

If you are serious about moving here, I say, don't hesitate, you are making the right decision. If you would like help finding a home you can call me at 856.364.9051.

Patricia

Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 6,475 times
i am looking to buy a home in south jersey. something that is not too far from philadelphia. can someone make any suggestions as to which townships, counties. I have two very young children.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:14 PM

79 posts, read 498,624 times
try Gloucester county......There are Monroe twp-Washington twp-Woolwich twp etc....it all depends on your needs for ie: budget, rural, etc.
All the above twps have great schools systems. And not too far from Philadelphia.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 5,127 times
I am moving from camden and am looking to rent in sicklerville area any suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey