Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2007, 05:49 AM

8 posts, read 22,656 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

Thanks to all of your input, this looks like a super-helpful, informative forum. I hope you'll be able to give us some advice. My husband will be working in Jersey City, and we're looking to relocate to NJ. We have two little kids, our income is medium. We would love to live in a green, friendly and safe town, with up to 30 minute commute to Jersey City. A good school district would be good, and of course, if you have info on finding good daycaresthat would be priceless. (If you know of companies in NJ that offer high-quality on-site daycare, please share the info, too; I will be commuting to NYC at first, but hopefully not for too long!). Thank you for all your help.

Isabelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 11:13 AM

51 posts, read 261,827 times
My husband also works in JC and we are also looking for a similar nearby town. We are considering Nutley and Rutherford because of our budget...$450k for a small home...so it kind of depends on your budget. But from what I have found...both of these towns seem to be "green, friendly, & safe," have good schools, and are not too far from JC (depending on traffic of course...about 15 mins without traffic...I don't know how much more with traffic...but definitely more).

Old 05-30-2007, 02:47 PM

8 posts, read 22,656 times
Thanks! Please keep the info coming! We are hoping to rent a 2-bedroom within $1,300 or buy a 3+ bedroom under $350K. Am I dreaming? Would Nutley or Rutherford present an opportunity to do that? Thank you.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:37 PM

51 posts, read 261,827 times
Sorry but I don't know anything about rentals.
Based on searches I have done for homes I think it might be difficult to find a 3+ bedroom under $350k in Nutley or Rutherford...but I could be wrong.
You could also maybe check Clifton, Bloomfield, or Bayonne...which may be more afforable...but you would need to be more discerning about the different areas because the quality of schools seem to vary more within these cities.
You could do a search on realtor.com or gsmls.com for properties to get a better idea...and you can check out greatschools.net for school reports.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:49 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,442,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks to all of your input, this looks like a super-helpful, informative forum. I hope you'll be able to give us some advice. My husband will be working in Jersey City, and we're looking to relocate to NJ. We have two little kids, our income is medium. We would love to live in a green, friendly and safe town, with up to 30 minute commute to Jersey City. A good school district would be good, and of course, if you have info on finding good daycaresthat would be priceless. (If you know of companies in NJ that offer high-quality on-site daycare, please share the info, too; I will be commuting to NYC at first, but hopefully not for too long!). Thank you for all your help.

Isabelle
Got to promote my Rahway
And Merck has an on site day care
It is also a easy commute to jc
And you can find a home in your price range

The school system takes a beating on cd
but you get out of school what you put in
If you are involved you you will do great

Changes to Cheer About. Really. - New York Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey