Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:26 AM

324 posts, read 667,717 times

Advertisements

The majority of the people who have this opinion of NJ are typically the ones who flew into Newark Liberty International Airport and took a taxi straight into Manhattan for their week long vacation. They are judging NJ based off of their "taxi ride".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 06:45 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,294,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
I will say this, I do like that our bad rep keeps our open spaces and uncrowded areas less crowded, so ya *wink* we're full of oil refineries and landfills and nothing else
Partly true, although NJ already is the most densely populated state in the country...

Old 02-23-2010, 06:51 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,806,224 times
I don't think we have any open Landfills anymore , there covered and part of the Meadowlands. The Port in recent years has cleaned up and painted alot of things. I think we need to repaint some bridges, like the Dock Bridges in Newark which need to be overhauled anyway. Luckily the Route 7 , PATH And CSX bridges are being replaced over the next 10 years. hmmmmm.....To a photographer , Culture studier , A person who likes diversity , and Great cuisine ,and unique Tourists destinations NJ is the place. But as all us New Jerseyites know , alot of tourists and immigrants go to NYC first and maybe NJ second. But many immigrants do move here , due to the fact that NYC is over hyped and over priced.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I don't think we have any open Landfills anymore , there covered and part of the Meadowlands. The Port in recent years has cleaned up and painted alot of things. I think we need to repaint some bridges, like the Dock Bridges in Newark which need to be overhauled anyway. Luckily the Route 7 , PATH And CSX bridges are being replaced over the next 10 years. hmmmmm.....To a photographer , Culture studier , A person who likes diversity , and Great cuisine ,and unique Tourists destinations NJ is the place. But as all us New Jerseyites know , alot of tourists and immigrants go to NYC first and maybe NJ second. But many immigrants do move here , due to the fact that NYC is over hyped and over priced.
Not trying to be a negative nancy, but one bad thing about South Jersey is that we have GEM's Landfill in Clementon I believe that I think is something like the 3rd most toxic site in the country.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Not trying to be a negative nancy, but one bad thing about South Jersey is that we have GEM's Landfill in Clementon I believe that I think is something like the 3rd most toxic site in the country.
I always forget about South Jersey , for me its a different world , i haven't been there in 1year. hmmmmmm, they haven't cleaned it up yet?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:44 AM

They're working on it, not sure if it's done yet

Old 02-23-2010, 08:19 AM

9,316 posts, read 16,626,473 times
Default NJ is not RV friendly

We traveled from FL to upstate NY in RV and NJ was not RV friendly compared to the states we traveled. On the NJ Turnpike there is a 2 hour limit to park for truckers and RVers. It's tough to take a rest when driving a big rig all day; most other states have unlimited daytime parking. There were no RV campgrounds to stay for the night on the route so were forced to drive longer to get to PA or NY to be able to park for the night.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
We traveled from FL to upstate NY in RV and NJ was not RV friendly compared to the states we traveled. On the NJ Turnpike there is a 2 hour limit to park for truckers and RVers. It's tough to take a rest when driving a big rig all day; most other states have unlimited daytime parking. There were no RV campgrounds to stay for the night on the route so were forced to drive longer to get to PA or NY to be able to park for the night.
So you don't like are state for that reason? RV's and Trucks are restricted in most of the Coastal NE , due to congestion and personally they scare me , when i drive next to them. Unlike a Bus , i don't know if the driver is really paying attention and most RV Drivers are senior citizens (i'm not saying your old )

Old 02-23-2010, 09:58 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,877,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I always forget about South Jersey
Trenton seems to do the same thing

Old 02-23-2010, 02:13 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,480,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I can remember when I watched "All In The Family" as a kid and young adult that whenever New Jersey was mentioned by someone, Archie would get a pained or angry look on his face and the ensuing comments that he'd make were less than flattering.

It's New Jersey. That's why.
It was during an impressionable age and I remember it quite well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey