Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 18,828 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are considering moving to Metropark this summer from Northern Jersey. Any advice on the following will be greatly appreciated.

- Can someone please recommend 2-3 good apartments (Budget is around $1000-$1200 for a 1 bedroom apt) within 5 minutes walking distance to Metropark train station? I went to apartmentratings.com website and a bunch of others, but people seem to have mixed opinions on all the apartments in this area. Not a single apartment has been highly recommended. I do not want to move further south.

- Is the area safe?

- How long would it take to commute from Metropark station to Exchange place (door-to-door commute)?

Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
There really aren't any apartments within "5 minutes" of Metropark- you've got at least a 10-minute walk from the closest ones. That said, the apartments within walking reasonable walking distance to the station aren't the greatest (as you're seeing from the reviews), and have a significant Indian population, as does the majority of the immediate area. That may not be an issue for you, but I thought you'd want to know in case it is.

The commute to Exchange Place will involve a train from Metropark to Newark, which will be 17-32 minutes, depending on which train you get- local or express. Add in a few minutes to change to the PATH at Newark, and an 18-minute ride on the PATH, and you're anywhere from 40-60 minutes station-to-station. Now add in the walk to the station, time waiting for the train, and the walk from the station to your office, and you're looking at a minimum of an hour, to up to 1.5 hours door-to-door- and that assumes everything is running on schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: