Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:14 PM

3 posts, read 18,302 times

Advertisements

Me and my wife are planning to move to Denville, Morris County. I work in Hackensack ( Bergen County) but did not want to live in Bergen. I have been looking at a few townhouses like the Berkshire Hills. Does anyone here in Denville commute to Bergen county? I think I have to take I80 E and it should take me about 40 mins or so to get to work. Also, I wanted to have some information about the area where Berkshire Hills is.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
You are about right with the commute time. You should be able to get off 80 before it gets too sticky. You can also take 287n to 208. - depending on where your work is located.

The Berkshire Hills location isn't terrible...but not the best the location in Denville. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere with no amenities very close. Which other places have you looked at?

Old 02-28-2009, 03:31 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, UKOK. I haven't really looked around that much except for Berkshire Hills. My requirement is 3 BDRM/ 2 Bth , fairly updated homes in the range 350-420K. I really couldn't find anything nice in that range in Parsippany or in Denville. The townhouses in Berkshire are fairly new. Also it is close to 46 and 10, both which allow me to get to 80 faster.
Are there any other places in Denville that you recommend?

Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Not that much choice in Denville. Only really the Forges (on rt 10) that has 3/2 units.

If you are willing to look outside Denville I would look at Montville Chase and Changebridge both in Montville and Glenmont Commons in Parsippany.

That said, I think Berkshire is a good choice...I didn't mean to make it sound bad....just think it's in the middle of nowhere.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:01 PM

138 posts, read 509,667 times
Aug, you're completely right about the commute to Bergen County from Denville. I've done it many a time; just around 40 minutes. Rt. 80 is the most direct and fastest. Berkshire Hills is a great development and less than 10 minutes to any amenities in the area. Downtown Denville is minutes away; Rt. 10 is exceptionally convenient, just seconds away. There are around 6 3BR units available there, which is a lot to be listed for BH at one time; even a rare 4BR model right now. Let's see, application fee is $600 and monthly fee is $225. Convenient playground and there's an inground pool as well.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:27 PM

UKOK, I agree that this development is kind of in the middle of nowhere...but I guess it offers us a good value for money right now...I did check out Glenmont commons but the prices there are a bit high for me. As long as I'm close to amenities (less than 10 mins) as Antoinette points out, I think it will be fine by me. Thanks for your reponses UKOK and Antoinette.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 PM

Sure thing. BTW a 3BR 2.1BA unit WITH 2 car garage was just reduced from $410K to $389K (I do SO LOVE 'Tabbed Browsing!!!).

Old 05-18-2009, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 5,834 times
Aug11,

Not sure if you bought something since last reply. Here is my 2 cents.

I live in Berkshire Hills since July '08. I like the area very much, so I have to disagree with UKOK on his statement that it's in middle of nowhere. BHC is close to everything: RT 10, RT 46 and 80. Plus it's VERY quite, it's like you are living in the woods but at the same time you are in the middle of everything: there is a 24hr Shop Rite 2 minutes from condominium. Rockaway mall is 10 min drive and great shopping on RT10.

I don't really like Glenmont Commons just because it's right on RT 46 which is high in traffic (air quality) and does not have the same scenic views as BHC does. So basically you are paying extra $$ for being 10 minutes closer to the city, but loosing the charm of "living in the woods." And 10 minutes in how long it takes me to get from BH to Waterview park-and-ride.

One thing though that I need to caution you about. Not sure if you have children or not, but we are in this situation now where our daughter will start kindergarten in September and it turns out that Denville only has half day kindergarten, the rest of the day our daughter will spend in after school program which is extra money that we would not had to spend were we living in Morris Plains for example.

Other than that I love BHC very much. We moved here in from Brooklyn, NY and it's a great place to begin a new life in Morris County without spending a fortune.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM

7 posts, read 24,639 times
My wife and I are also thinking of moving to BH. Seems like the prices are somewhat less than other townhouses in Morris County. Is there a reason for this? For example, if you buy a 3/2 at the Forges, or in Whippany, prices seem much higher. Do you think these units will appreciate?

Old 02-17-2010, 10:01 AM

The townhomes in the Forges are a lot newer (2004) and MUCH larger. That's the reason behind the higher price. You've got a wider selection in Parsippany with 9 developments available. Randolph's got 3 nice development. Grande in Hanover is brand new; the others are a little tired. Eden is ok. Don't look for much appreciation until 2015-2020 which is the forecast I've heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey