Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:17 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
A friend of mine has been a teacher for 6 years and doesnt even make $50,000...

It is foolish to think they are all out there making the big bucks, because they are not.
My sister has 13 years experience teaching and earns 51k a year. In Montville.

The problem is this money is not hitting the classroom. Administration is devouring it like Pac Man does to dots and fruits.

Hey, at least you're not Kansas City Missouri. In the upcoming school year, they are going to reduce their schools from 61 to 29. In one freakin year.

Does anyone else here think this country is on the precipice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 12:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
to be fair i hear you 3.77 ounces of dope is not much. 87 grams plus 30 found later on the porch.
107 grams to ounces - True Knowledge
having said that ----
from the CDF posts the police are far from untouchable.
more likely scapegoats to avoid city law suits.
how many cops are in jail now?
but it is strange. somebody breaks the law, then you put the arresting cops on trial.
whats up with that?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
My sister has 13 years experience teaching and earns 51k a year. In Montville.
The problem is this money is not hitting the classroom. Administration is devouring it like Pac Man does to dots and fruits.

Hey, at least you're not Kansas City Missouri. In the upcoming school year, they are going to reduce their schools from 61 to 29. In one freakin year.

In Montville!! I can only imagine the taxes there..but as you said Admin eats it up and to think about it does Montville really need their own police dept?? There's no crime in Montville

Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post

Oooh, ooooh me me me (waving raised hand).

Definitely not seen the worst of it yet IMO.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:37 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
People can tout Chris Christie as the great savior and quote the "let's hold hands and jump off the cliff..." speech all they want. Until we have a governor and a legislature that commits to consolidating EVERYTHING (schools, public works, emergency services, police, etc...) at the county level like they do down south/out west, nothing will change. The status quote (for Democrats and Republicans in this state is to protect the six figure salaried superintendents, police chiefs, department heads, fire chiefs, and the list goes on. Need proof? Just look at who suffers and who stays fat and happy whenever cuts are made. Rank and file teachers, cops, public works guys, road department workers, state office secretaries, and more get laid off while the powers that be sit back and collect six figure salaries, gold plated benefits, and thousands of sick days to be cashed in upon retirement. These guys never go anywhere and never will.

21 School Superintendents
21 Police Chiefs/Sheriffs
21 Public Works Directors
21 Fire Chiefs

Until then I don't want to hear it anymore.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:15 PM

27 posts, read 24,763 times
a revolution is needed and coming a lot sooner than anyone thinks.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:36 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodian View Post
a revolution is needed and coming a lot sooner than anyone thinks.
I agree. Been saying it for the last 3 years. I'm prepared to lead Warren County!

Old 03-12-2010, 05:25 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Police seize marijuana worth $2.3K, arrest 3 Manville residents | - NJ.com

When you have a 4 month long investigation to arrest a minor pot dealer, you know that there are too many police and they have nothing to do.

Why are the police untouchable? I would much rather pay for education and public transportation.

I have not heard anything about Christie going after police looking to cut the fat.

Entirely toooooooo much money spent on this type of drug enforcement nonsense both nationally and in individual states.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:24 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
to be fair i hear you 3.77 ounces of dope is not much. 87 grams plus 30 found later on the porch.
107 grams to ounces - True Knowledge
having said that ----
from the CDF posts the police are far from untouchable.
more likely scapegoats to avoid city law suits.
how many cops are in jail now?
but it is strange. somebody breaks the law, then you put the arresting cops on trial.
whats up with that?
Yea. It is a little ridiculous.

For the older/out of touch people I want to clarify. This guy had enough weed on him to supply about 15 customers for a week. Not a lot at all. If the guy didnt get arrested, I would guess he would make around $500 from the sale of that weed.

This whole drug war is ridiculous. Its about time these old, out of touch politicians die off. They have absolutely no idea about life in the 21st century

Old 03-13-2010, 11:27 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,112,364 times
Christie could cut half of the state troopers and we'd still have plenty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: