Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:48 AM

10 posts, read 54,519 times

Advertisements

You shouldn't ask such questions to boards like this because you can't confirm what people are saying...this is entertainment only. I recommend you work with your realtor and ask for hard data on print or ask someone you trust to look at the data. Then you should come up with a reasonable price and your house should sell. You have to remember in 2005 (and maybe even today), someone without a job was able to get a house for 500K....thats gone now. Now the market is full of people who are financially responsible. good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 09:56 AM

222 posts, read 1,026,053 times
Quote:
if i put in the amount it is listed for then start searching for it the price will pass what it is listed at then all of a sudden the prices will start going lower, so i mention it to the realtor and she said don't worry about it we should be more concerned with other realtors not showing i
I'd make a big stink about this. The first thing most people will search on is town and price. If its not showing up in the price range it should be, that's a problem.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:21 AM

202 posts, read 992,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnefam5 View Post
they told us it takse a few days for it to show up on mls so i waited and finally it was on realtor.com but you really have to search for it because if i put in the amount it is listed for then start searching for it the price will pass what it is listed at then all of a sudden the prices will start going lower
The default sorting behavior on realtor.com is not by price, you have to manually set it to sort by price. That's why you're have a hard time finding it.

If your realtor said they entered your house into your local MLS and it does show up on realtor.com, that means it is in the MLS.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:05 AM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
With the price increases over the past few years many people upgrading from condos and apartments to homes have been priced out of the market. That's why there aren't a lot of buyers.

My specific situation is that we're looking to buy a SFH, upgrading from a condo. We'd love to buy our starter home soon, but the reality is, like a lot of people in our situation, we believe prices have to come down and we can afford to wait it out. Can you?

For many trying to sell their home in NJ right now, your prices are too high and we're not paying that. Agree with another poster, this isn't 2005. Get over it. Your house is only worth what people like me are willing to pay for it, not some crazy number you have in your head.

I look on zillow.com every day. I see what you paid for your home 5 years ago. We refuse to pay double that. I can see what the other homes in the area are selling for. Rest assured, if I like your place, I'll offer you 10 to 25% below recent sales in your neighborhood. Why? Because I can. And because the smart ones will take that offer and leave the rest of you holding the bag (and the house).
That's what I suggested in other posting to find "seniors" who are retiring and looking to sell their house. They may have bought 30 years ago at little (like Mrs Shen paid $10,000 on her South River house) and their kids do not want to bother manage (e.g. Mrs Shen's daugher in CA) and want to get rid of it (they end up just sold $200,000 to their tenant).

Another critical factor to monitor is mortgage rate, you should look for houses, but watch the rate, when it was not high, you can buy, or wait ... For young people who bought a house at low price, but could have "borrow out" equity to renovate or expand the house, so the mortgage, 1st and 2nd may total to very high, and with 20% equity needed, to certain extend, they may not be able to afford to sell low or they may have to come up cash in closing table, then not enough money to move up to bigger house. In that case, not only you will wait, they will take off market and wait too.

So, senior people going to be retired, or people relocated by their company may be a good sellers to you.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-05-2007 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: ads

Old 06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
ehs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
The default sorting behavior on realtor.com is not by price, you have to manually set it to sort by price. That's why you're have a hard time finding it.

If your realtor said they entered your house into your local MLS and it does show up on realtor.com, that means it is in the MLS.
True. As I said the ones with "photos" was listed first by default. This also implies that your listing agent not doing his or her job to take many nice pictures for you. Make sure your listing agent has high resolution camera.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:00 PM

11 posts, read 36,583 times
Hopefully with summer approaching, my home near the bay will sell...although the market is definitly slower...

Old 06-07-2007, 12:03 PM
ehs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2VA View Post
You shouldn't ask such questions to boards like this because you can't confirm what people are saying...this is entertainment only. I recommend you work with your realtor and ask for hard data on print or ask someone you trust to look at the data. Then you should come up with a reasonable price and your house should sell. You have to remember in 2005 (and maybe even today), someone without a job was able to get a house for 500K....thats gone now. Now the market is full of people who are financially responsible. good luck
True. But all my posting on real estate are verifiable that's why I also include all the links where I saw the info.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:25 PM

161 posts, read 559,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs View Post
True. But all my posting on real estate are verifiable that's why I also include all the links where I saw the info.
I am confused. The listings you posted for Craig's list look like houses that are currently for sale, not houses that have already sold. Just because there are listings in those towns or developments does not mean they are actually selling. Or am I missing something?

Old 06-07-2007, 05:57 PM

201 posts, read 1,012,913 times
We put out house up in September and it was under contract within the first day. It was in Southampton NJ/Vincentown.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:52 PM

56 posts, read 250,215 times
Default A helpful tool has been zillow.com

a friend of mine in the mortgage biz told me about it. The so called market values are off though in many cases. My house shows my property taxed value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey