Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:59 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs View Post
Mountain Lakes still very good school district, and one thing that many town do not have is the "lakes" (glad that Piscataway also has nice lakes; I just passed the New Market Lake of Piscataway the other day to Hong Kong Supermarket, and can't believe this nice, all seems to be renovated, and there are several fountain on the lake, I felt I was driving at Mountain Lake ....)

I lived at Boonton at one time, and because it is right next to Montville, one of the best town, and expensive town, so if one does not want to spend that much, Boonton is a great choice. Oh, by the way, other than Piscataway High School has 10 top students won top in FBLA, Montville High school is another one got many tops.

Montville High School has Chinese School every Sunday afternoon, and very nice public library and public park, even winter time had a huge bubble for indoor basketball courts.

Boonton is very desirable because it has a very nice senior citizen center and program that wealthy Chinese seems to be all there ...
Huh? Boonton and Boonton Township are two totally different towns. Boonton Township kids go to Mountain Lakes high school. Boonton has it's own high school that it shares with Lincoln Park. Nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 07:01 AM

222 posts, read 1,025,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs View Post
Are you saying your price range is not $400k ? Or are you saying, you do NOT need that kind of luxury townhouse ? ... You are buying good neighborhood in this case, not just a townhouse.
I'm saying for $400k, I expect a backyard and a driveway. You don't get that with a townhome. And by backyard, I do not mean, 8x8 patio.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:53 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,296,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Huh? Boonton and Boonton Township are two totally different towns. Boonton Township kids go to Mountain Lakes high school. Boonton has it's own high school that it shares with Lincoln Park. Nuff said.
Really? That's great (click you a positive!! Ooops! not let me???)

Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,296,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
I'm saying for $400k, I expect a backyard and a driveway. You don't get that with a townhome. And by backyard, I do not mean, 8x8 patio.
Come to Edison or Piscataway, you will be surprised $400k townhouse not only has driveway and huge backyard, you also got reserved woods with trails ...etc. like The Enclave at Edison or Hidden Woods at Piscataway.

Even better, they have easy access to Edison and Dunellen train station to NYC.

If you look at Foxtoons, there is a huge property of one acre at School St Piscataway just sold at under $400k, you got not only circular drive, regular driveway and huge backyard, and behind your backyard is Fairway Golf ... down the road is Rutgers Univ and 2 miles away is Edison Train ...

Old 06-25-2007, 04:55 PM

4 posts, read 9,890 times
May 5th our house went on the market. There has been 750 lookers on the virtual tour online and 7 or 8 lookers in person. comments were, house very nice, yard too big, or I wanted 4 bedrooms not 3 (don't know why they came) another wasn't ready to buy just looking, comments like that. your house will sell, let go of it and it will come. We are going to sell ours, I know it. We have half of it packed in the garage and even had united vanlines come for an estimate on moving out of state. When the buyer comes we will be ready to move on out.
So, get ready and think positive!
jmpask

Old 06-26-2007, 07:11 AM

222 posts, read 1,025,690 times
Quote:
There has been 750 lookers on the virtual tour online and 7 or 8 lookers in person. comments were, house very nice, yard too big,
Can there be such a thing as too big a yard?

Old 06-26-2007, 07:59 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Can there be such a thing as too big a yard?
heck yeah. i had an acre and you couldn't pay me for that much again, and a large portion of it was woods. land is a PITA, IMHO. too time consuming to maintain and too $$$$ to pay someone to do it.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:51 PM

13 posts, read 55,508 times
Quote:
I agree that for $400,000 you should get a backyard -- and definitely for $450,000! I am moving from Queens and am very disappointed in what I have seen so far. No garages, tiny bedrooms, far from trains, basements my husband can't stand up in, in-ground oil tank EPA nightmares, taxes that are like another mortgage payment. Frankly, I have seen only one house so far that I would pay anything for! I love the area I have chosen to move to and still hope to find something, but it sure doesn't feel like a buyers market to me.

That said, things here are stupid, crazy expensive -- so NJ is still looking a lot better than Queens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey