Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:46 AM

14 posts, read 51,939 times

Advertisements

Any tips, horror stories, good news stories etc. would be appreciated. The development is off Quaker Road in Mickleton. Also, I didn't find a whole lot about Kingsway Regional school district (the little I did find was all positive) so any feedback on that would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 11,786 times
I am also buying a house in Amherst Meadows. So far everything has gone extremely smoothly. Has construction started on your house yet? I am still in the preconstruction process and so far everything has gone without any problems.

I will say that those houses are selling quickly, especially in this market. I think they have sold 8 in the past month. That would even be considered great for a strong housing market.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:46 AM

I sent you a direct message in case you don't check it frequently

Old 04-26-2008, 05:03 PM

36 posts, read 172,623 times
which township schools for this Amherst Meadows ?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:07 PM

2 posts, read 11,786 times
The school district is Kingsway Regional.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 PM

36 posts, read 172,623 times
Any informaiton on Property Taxes for 400K home?

Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 AM

Property tax calculation is this:

Price of home *0.5575*0.04086

So for 400k home you are looking at $9112. This assumes the assessor uses purchase price or else it could be lower. Looking at the tax assessment history on the county web site showed me that (for Amherst Farms development) this estimate is accurate for most of the homes within a few hundred dollars. Hope that helps.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:08 PM

4 posts, read 17,947 times
Mickleton is a very nice area.... just no "downtown" area... houses in Mickleton have probably tripled in the last 10 years with many new, higher end home developments along Kings Hgwy. You are near Swedesboro, Paulsboro & Woodbury... Paulsboro has a huge oil refinery & some bad areas..the town is pretty run down. Woodbury some nice & very nice areas along with some smaller bad areas... Swedesboro is in between. Woodbury is the county seat.. courthouse, etc...
I've been by this Pulte development many times & it look nice. I think these homes are near wetlands... most of South Jersey is near wetlands so don't get too excited... I live right outside of Williamstown & we are very close to some wetlands.. no big deal...
Oh... taxes... mine are about $9k & my house cost $358K.... & I think taxes in Mickleton are a little higher than my area... but that keeps out undesirable people...& there aren't any apartments or low cost housing.
& Mullica Hill is nearby too... very nice town..

Old 06-10-2008, 01:57 AM

1 posts, read 5,804 times
Default New to Mickleton, too.

Hi! We just bought a home in Amherst Farms (under contract at the moment). Looks like a great community - - close to downtown, but small town feel. Taxes are higher, but seem to be worth it. We met with the principal of the elementary school and they have a great program. I like the park within the community. Nice to have a spot to relax without having to get in the car. We are coming from ouside DC and this seems like a really nice place to live; large lots, quality homes, etc. Looked at Kings Gate, but Amherst Farms were a bit closer and had higher end finishes.

We won't move in until late summer, so will give you an update.

The best part about Mickleton is that every time we have visited, the people have been great. Warm and inviting.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 AM

I am glad you had a positive experience with the elementary school principal. I have a three year old son who will be attending soon so I suppose I should have done the same. I relied on the various school ratings and review sites which ranked all three schools favorably. I agree the development is ideal with the private park and seclusion yet close to 295 (I work just outside of Philly).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey