U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,017,148 times

Advertisements

I'll try this again straight to the point. I would really
appreciate input on this guys, if you don't mind.

Which town is better and why.
Safety, Schools, Location and conveniences, community life

Thank to any of you to take out time to reply to my question.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 05:29 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 16,833,591 times
Both of these towns have good reputations. The one closer to your job would be the better choice.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Both of these towns have good reputations. The one closer to your job would be the better choice.
Thanks for the reply.

I wish it where that easy. The job is about equidistant from both towns.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM

12,285 posts, read 33,894,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I wish it where that easy. The job is about equidistant from both towns.
without knowing the town in which you're working it's hard to say which would be better, although I tend to agree with the first responder who says live in the town closer to work. equidistant does not equate to time, but distance, so the town is crucial.

if the job is in Somerset County (Bedminster, Bridgewater, Hillsborough area), I'd choose BR because the commute will be better.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
without knowing the town in which you're working it's hard to say which would be better, although I tend to agree with the first responder who says live in the town closer to work. equidistant does not equate to time, but distance, so the town is crucial.

if the job is in Somerset County (Bedminster, Bridgewater, Hillsborough area), I'd choose BR because the commute will be better.
The job is in New Brunswick. The location of either house has a 30 minute commute time. Although, Princeton is closer in actual distance, the Basking Ridge commute has more freeway usage.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:22 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 16,833,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
The job is in New Brunswick. The location of either house has a 30 minute commute time. Although, Princeton is closer in actual distance, the Basking Ridge commute has more freeway usage.
I travel these roads daily as a delivery driver and I think Princeton is an easier commute to and from NB than Basking Ridge. Route 27 is a direct line between Princeton and NB.
Basking Ridge is not as easy. Rt 18 from NB to I287 to 206/202 and a few back roads.
But you can't go wrong living in either town. The only slight negative to Princeton is that it is a college town and you will have more college kids patrolling the streets. ( would not bother me but it might bother some)

Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 PM

12,285 posts, read 33,894,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I travel these roads daily as a delivery driver and I think Princeton is an easier commute to and from NB than Basking Ridge. Route 27 is a direct line between Princeton and NB.
Basking Ridge is not as easy. Rt 18 from NB to I287 to 206/202 and a few back roads.
But you can't go wrong living in either town. The only slight negative to Princeton is that it is a college town and you will have more college kids patrolling the streets. ( would not bother me but it might bother some)
given the job is in NB, I agree. if living in BR, getting from 287 to 18 is miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey