Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 11:37 AM

3 posts, read 10,638 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at a contract to purchase a home in South Harrison built by Lennar in 2006-2007. It's a gorgeous home on a great lot, but I'm just wondered/concerned if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with Lennar homes in the area. The sellers' proposed contract had some clauses tightly limiting the amount they'd spend correcting issues before closing, based on the inspection report, which had me seriously concerned they could be hiding some defect in the house construction. It just seemed fishy and since I'm not from the area myself, was hoping for some local input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 06:17 PM

478 posts, read 1,749,518 times
I worked for Lennar homes in Ocean county..they are a topline builder..very strick on how the homes were built (thats why they cost alot). In NJ as a worker for new home builders they are in the top three!

Just asking..where are they building in south jersey..I need a job as a finishing super!

Here is an example of a Lennar home compared to other builders..a Lennar home will have about 7 supers as the home is being built..most only have three supers...foundation, rough, finish!

Last edited by carlo2009; 04-10-2010 at 07:29 PM..

Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 PM

22 posts, read 52,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockii View Post
I'm looking at a contract to purchase a home in South Harrison built by Lennar in 2006-2007. It's a gorgeous home on a great lot, but I'm just wondered/concerned if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with Lennar homes in the area. The sellers' proposed contract had some clauses tightly limiting the amount they'd spend correcting issues before closing, based on the inspection report, which had me seriously concerned they could be hiding some defect in the house construction. It just seemed fishy and since I'm not from the area myself, was hoping for some local input.
You must be referring to the homes on route 45 south, can't think of the name at the moment. We looked at their new homes in woolwich twp. They included some nice standard features, granite counters, nice cabinets, alarm sys, front sprinklers..Cant really say much about where youre looking though. I think they have a couple lots for sale in there for about 99k.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockii View Post
Lennar also builds in the Charlotte area & there are threads concerning them on that board. Go to that board & search the threads. If you have questions DM the people but don't post on the board. This may give you some more direct questions to add to this thread.

I have no experience with them. The only thing that I can tell you is that a while back they had a big sale on homes & actually ran commercials on TV. It may mean nothing, but I had never seen that one before.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 955 times
Hi we too are looking at a home in South Harrison Township NJ and have been told it was built by Lennar around the time period mentioned in this thread (2006-2007). There are no HOA fees. A builder without HOA fees, hmmm?? Anyway, back to the original question. Anyone know good or bad things about Lennar builders that built homes in South Harrison Township? Thanks!

Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Lets just say Lennar is the only builder that I know of that will come back after 1 year to fix problems in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: