Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 AM

153 posts, read 488,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
But that's not really the point. The show may be an accurate depiction of what SEASIDE HEIGHTS is like in the summer, but not the entire Jersey Shore!! For hundreds of thousands (millions?), of real NJ people who enjoy the real NJ shore, in places like LBI, Stone Harbor, Cape May, Spring lake -- the term "Jersey Shore" is tarnished, because that is the name of this show. The phrase "Jersey Shore", much like NJ in general, is now a punchline.

The shore is the gem of our state, and it too has been brutalized and mocked, in untrue fashion no less.
The show never portrayed itself as anything but a group of kids in Seaside doing what many kids in Seaside often do during the summer. Of course this stuff doesn't go on in LBI, Spring Lake, Stone Harbor or Cape May - that's why the show wouldn't tape anything there! Everyone in America knows about the debauchery in Seaside from years of MTV Summer Share seasons and specials there. It's not like the whole notion of Seaside as a party town wasn't a well-known thing nationwide to begin with.

I highly doubt anyone thinks every town in New Jersey is like Seaside any more than people think every town in Florida is like Panama City during spring break. And if they do - who cares? Why is it so important that people in Peoria have a good opinion of Ocean County, NJ? Most of the folks on this forum don't even live at the Shore anyway, so what's the big deal?

New Jersey is always going to be a punchline as long as the two entrances to the state on either end look like crap with factories and smokestacks and we're on the verge on bankruptcy with the highest taxes in America while our politicians are going to jail for corruption. If you wanna live here, it's just something to deal with. I'd prefer to not worry about it. And I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 AM

153 posts, read 488,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
On another note, I thought the cast from the first season was coming back, why are they doing a casting call?
I'm pretty sure that the second season will have the same cast, but there are concerns over taping in Seaside since they are so recognizable and people might pick fights, etc. and not allow the camera crew to follow them around (which is the point of the show). What I assume will be the third season will be taping in Seaside this summer and featuring a new cast.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,787,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
That is incorrect, Snooki (Nicole Polizzi) is half Italian and half Chilean.
Actually, that is incorrect also; Snooki is Chilean and was adopted by Italian parents. She is not Italian by blood at all. Nor does she look it.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:59 PM

10 posts, read 29,533 times
Mike & Sammi are actually both from Jersey. Sammi lives out in Hazlet and Mike (The Sitch) is from Manalapan. The entire show is a total fake though. I can tell from years of experience that the Shore Store isn't like how they showed it on the store, and the house they lived in was completely falling apart a month before they moved in. Unfortunately they'll be coming back in July for another season here in Seaside. One good thing is tons of "Fans" will be here in Seaside and then they can all see how bogus the show really is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey