Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,806,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I was wondering if they went to any other places in NJ.
The Hudson Bergen Light Rail serves the NJ Gold Coast , the PATH serves the NJ Gold Coast , Manhattan , & Newark. The ferries just use the waterways. Where exactly in Jersey? Are you reverse commuting? Look on here , i posted a bunch of Regional Transit maps.
//www.city-data.com/forum/13965694-post45.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,568,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
The Hudson Bergen Light Rail serves the NJ Gold Coast , the PATH serves the NJ Gold Coast , Manhattan , & Newark. The ferries just use the waterways. Where exactly in Jersey? Are you reverse commuting? Look on here , i posted a bunch of Regional Transit maps.
//www.city-data.com/forum/13965694-post45.html

I will be trying to get to Newark, Jersey City, and New Brunswick. The more I look into this, the more and more it is looking like it will be a big hassle from Weehawken or West New York. I may just stick with Harrison or Secaucus.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 AM

17 posts, read 78,857 times
If you are scared of harrison, an innocent little suburb, and saftey is 'questionable' then how would you describe a SERIOUSLY dangerous area like East Orange or Irvington?

Look, OP, Alot of people who know NOTHING of the area think all of essex/hudson cities that border newark are dangerous. Not true. Dangerous areas exist, yes, parts of newark, irvington, east orange, orange, etc. But bloomfield, harrison and belleville are thriving communities.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:50 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,744,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickCityIrishMick View Post
If you are scared of harrison, an innocent little suburb, and saftey is 'questionable' then how would you describe a SERIOUSLY dangerous area like East Orange or Irvington?

Look, OP, Alot of people who know NOTHING of the area think all of essex/hudson cities that border newark are dangerous. Not true. Dangerous areas exist, yes, parts of newark, irvington, east orange, orange, etc. But bloomfield, harrison and belleville are thriving communities.
Regardless of whether or not Harrision is safe, predominately Irish, Portugese or whatever does not change the fact the school system ranks near the bottom of the barrel and the OP has two small children.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 AM

Is there a bus that goes from Weehawken or West New York to Newark?

Old 05-02-2010, 01:50 PM

381 posts, read 1,307,391 times
The 108 bus to Newark passes through Weehawken at Marginal Rd and Pleasant (Park) - c. 31st St. (When you're looking at the bus schedule, that would be a minute or two before/after the 31st & Bergenline stop in Union City.)

It would be nice to know how this line will be affected by the budget cuts - but the new timetables haven't been posted yet.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:41 PM

17 posts, read 78,857 times
I am pretty sure the 108 will be safe from cuts, as it is the only bus from that area to newark, i know they eliminated north arlington from the 39 bus (used to go from NA to newark to irvington) and a few other lines within newark and elizabeth are to be cut, im sure JC as well, because in the big cities there is alot of busses people can take and they figure people could walk a few extra blocks.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickCityIrishMick View Post
I am pretty sure the 108 will be safe from cuts, as it is the only bus from that area to newark, i know they eliminated north arlington from the 39 bus (used to go from NA to newark to irvington) and a few other lines within newark and elizabeth are to be cut, im sure JC as well, because in the big cities there is alot of busses people can take and they figure people could walk a few extra blocks.

Wow I still can't understand how NJTransit and the MTA got in such big of holes to where they need to make service cuts and fare hikes. It is mind boggling, maybe in other areas of the country where they don't really use mass transit, but around here so many people do constantly.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,806,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Wow I still can't understand how NJTransit and the MTA got in such big of holes to where they need to make service cuts and fare hikes. It is mind boggling, maybe in other areas of the country where they don't really use mass transit, but around here so many people do constantly.
Its mostly corruption and Political Ignorance.......the sad thing is this is hurting the Low and middle classes.......MTA & NJT are the only 2 agencies that have this problem on this scale.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Its mostly corruption and Political Ignorance.......the sad thing is this is hurting the Low and middle classes.......MTA & NJT are the only 2 agencies that have this problem on this scale.
That's horrible, as if it is not hard enough to be low or middle class in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey