Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
how is a one year freeze going to solve anything?
It's a start in the right direction. When senior citizens get a ZERO raise in social security and lose their property rebates, teachers,cops and firemen can surely survive with no raise for a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 05:07 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
It's a start in the right direction. When senior citizens get a ZERO raise in social security and lose their property rebates, teachers,cops and firemen can surely survive with no raise for a year.
JM - stop with the comparisions and tell me HOW this is step in the right direction. How does this help next year when the raises come through and taxes go up? He's surely going to be cutting aid again next year.

Why isn't he fighting the real enemy?

Old 04-21-2010, 05:17 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
The real enemy is the 11 billion hole that the prior governor didn't want to touch and Christie was elected to cut the handouts and balance a budget that was dumped in his lap. How could Corzine still show his face in this state.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
JM - stop with the comparisions and tell me HOW this is step in the right direction. How does this help next year when the raises come through and taxes go up? He's surely going to be cutting aid again next year.

Why isn't he fighting the real enemy?

The real enemy is wealth flight from NJ. Holding the line on taxes may keep some wealth here while the economy recovers. There also needs to be permanent cuts in entitlements. Cutting mass transit subsidies is also a step in the right direction.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:19 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The real enemy is wealth flight from NJ. Holding the line on taxes may keep some wealth here while the economy recovers. There also needs to be permanent cuts in entitlements. Cutting mass transit subsidies is also a step in the right direction.
LOL , why are you so anti-Mass Transit , now i'm anti - Hoboken. Your City has cost our state so much....more then any transit subsided.....

Old 04-21-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
LOL , why are you so anti-Mass Transit , now i'm anti - Hoboken. Your City has cost our state so much....more then any transit subsided.....

Ooooooohkay....

I am not anti mass transit, I think mass transit is just lovely. I am anti mass transit subsidy.....

Old 04-22-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Ooooooohkay....

I am not anti mass transit, I think mass transit is just lovely. I am anti mass transit subsidy.....
I don't want to pay for your cities roads , but i do , or the new flood station....

Old 04-22-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I don't want to pay for your cities roads , but i do , or the new flood station....

Well then I suggest you contact the Christie and let him know your concerns. Do you live in Hudson county? No. Then you don't pay for my roads. If you did live in Hudson County than you would pay for YOUR roads. Hudson County is paying for the flood remediation.

Hoboken Flooding Pump Meeting March 8, 2010 | Hoboken411.com

So you should follow my lead and provide for yourself!

Old 04-22-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Well then I suggest you contact the Christie and let him know your concerns. Do you live in Hudson county? No. Then you don't pay for my roads. If you did live in Hudson County than you would pay for YOUR roads. Hudson County is paying for the flood remediation.

Hoboken Flooding Pump Meeting March 8, 2010 | Hoboken411.com

So you should follow my lead and provide for yourself!
Obviously you'll never get it , that the Gas Tax subsidizes roads throughout the state. Stop living in Denial , and welcome to the 21st Century. Jeez no wonder the Hoboken Streetcar plan was abandoned.....NJT probably couldn't stand the yuppies. They should just flood the city.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:33 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
No - but two years ago the teachers and BOE agreed to move the teachers health benefits to a different carrier that saved over $500K in the budget. There wasn't as much acrimony here as I read of elsewhere.
That is nice to hear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey