Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:54 AM

21 posts, read 25,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Tough to tell them that when the greedy are telling them the opposite.

Both are immoral. But one person's immorality doesn't justify another's. You can't justify your own immorality by blaming someone else for being immoral. If a parent leaves a baby on a bench in a park, that is immoral; if you see the baby and just leave it, and say, "Well, nothing I can do, it's the parent who was immoral to leave it there," and you leave it to fend for itself, you are also immoral.

Same here. A parent who irresponsibly doesn't provide for his/her child is immoral. But to stand by and watch a child go hungry is also immoral, doesn't matter who else is being immoral.

I take it you're not a Christian...the morality you have seems to be very relative.

I am not immoral. I have no immorality to justify. It is the hoodrats that send their kids to school hungry while they spend money on hair, nails, tvs, and all the other toys you need in the ghetto.

You are even trying to blame the wealthy for the actions of the hoodrats. What a joke. Hoodrats never take responsiblity for their own actions.

Last edited by demost; 04-30-2010 at 12:16 PM..

Old 04-30-2010, 11:57 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demost View Post
I am not immoral. I hav emor immorality to justify. It is the hoodrats that send their kids to school hungry while they spend money on hair, nails, tvs, and all the other toys you need in the ghetto.

You are even trying to blame the wealthy for the actions of the hoodrats. What a joke. Hoodrats never take responsiblity for their own actions.
You're justifying your own immorality by trying to blame the immorality of others. They may be immoral (I think they are, if they are being abusive of the help they're offered/given), but to be greedy and not help the poor by declaring them ALL to be immoral is itself immoral. At least, for a Christian, but I take it you're not Christian.

In any case, even taking morality out of it, poverty is a problem that just gets more expensive in time. It festers and grows into newer and bigger problems that must be addressed by those who aren't necessarily at fault for it.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:58 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I take it as a compliment that I sound like a Bible thumper - but the Bible thumping repubs are not real Bible thumpers, they only thump the bible for show then they flagrantly defy that very Bible they thump.
Paying taxes doesn't stop. They can stop taking more when they appropriately tax people fairly. If the rich paid their fair share, we could pay less in taxes. Start there. Don't start by taking a one dollar breakfast from a hungry child which only exacerbates the problems of poverty. If the rich in this country were accountable we wouldn't have these problems.
That's all fine & dandy but it has NO place in politics.More bloodshed over the course of history has been shed due to religious beliefs then any thing else..

Please with the mantra of tax tax tax tax the rich...they pay taxes too maybe not to the tune of what you think they should pay

I don't expect Eddie Murphy living in Alpine, a town I could never afford in 3 life times to subsidise my way of living...or support my kids

there will always be those who have more....I have more than some but by the same token there are many that have a lot more than me & I don't begrudge them

Peace out Johnny we are on different ends of the spectrum on this.....

Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
The Term "Hoodrats" is a bit Racist and a disgusting term to use. Not all ppl that live in Urban areas are having babies left and right and doing drugs. I think thats a suburbia issue these days.

Most of them are having babies left and right. At last count 70% of their kids are born out of wedlock.

Over 50% of them don't even graduate from high school.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:35 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Most of them are having babies left and right. At last count 70% of their kids are born out of wedlock.

Must be because they're too hungry from not having a good breakfast

Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
That's all fine & dandy but it has NO place in politics.More bloodshed over the course of history has been shed due to religious beliefs then any thing else..

Please with the mantra of tax tax tax tax the rich...they pay taxes too maybe not to the tune of what you think they should pay

I don't expect Eddie Murphy living in Alpine, a town I could never afford in 3 life times to subsidise my way of living...or support my kids

there will always be those who have more....I have more than some but by the same token there are many that have a lot more than me & I don't begrudge them

Peace out Johnny we are on different ends of the spectrum on this.....
You cry about wanting to keep YOUR money; you crow with glee when something is taken from the poor to let you keep your money, but when I mention that the rich need to pay their fair share, you defend them, and whine "Please with the mantra of tax tax tax tax the rich...they pay taxes too maybe not to the tune of what you think they should pay"...

And there's the problem and our difference:
- We both think that we pay more in taxes than we have to
- You believe that the reason for this is that money is given to the poor, to education, and other things in our society and to cut those things is the way to put money back into your pocket, and that the rich are paying their fair share
- I believe that the way to start letting me, you, and all middle class people keep more of their money is to go after the rich, NOT to make them pay MORE than their fair share, but to make them pay their fair share. Start with that, let's see how much we middle class folks are then able to keep, and ONLY THEN start to take a look at the welfare programs that help the poor.

That's the difference between us, and it seems to be the difference between the Republicans/radical right and everyone else in society. You people are for the rich, I'm for fairness.

You say you don't expect Eddie Murphy to pay for your kid; neither do I. On the other hand, I don't expect Eddie Murphy to have to get a tax break that I don't get. I don't expect Eddie Murphy to pay less in taxes proportionately to what I pay. I don't expect CEO's of big corporations, hedge fund administrators, etc. to have tax loops and shelters that allow them to get away with paying less taxes than their receptionists.

So, fine, forget about morality, let's just talk fairness. Why do you want so much to inflict fairness where it will hurt the poor while you try to protect the rich from fairness that would hurt them?

That's also the crux of why people hate Fat Lard-Ass Blob Christie.

It would be fine if he were serious about "we all have to sacrifice", but he's not. He's going after the kids and the poor FIRST. He's targeting education and poor children. He's targeting people who take buses and trains but not people who drive gas guzzling SUV's.

What sacrifices is he looking to inflict on the rich? Aren't they part of us "all"??? Wouldn't it make sense to at least START with the rich as they can best afford the sacrifices???

What's worse is all the Christie-ass-kissers defending his crap, and worse still, trying to pass it off as "fair" on his part. What utter nonsense. It's exactly like the people who defended Bush. Ignorance and blind greed. The worst of it is that you're not even benefiting from any of it, neither you nor the others who defend him.

The backlash against him is going to be severe; get ready for 3 or 4 more terms of anyone the Dems decide to put into office. Christie will go the way of his hero, Bush; he'll fail and be abandoned by his base and wind up hated.

Peace out.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Just telling the truth. When the hoodrats send their kids to school hungry then they are immoral. If you want to pay for them then go ahead.
They are immoral, I agree. And anyone else who stands by watching while those kids go hungry is immoral. And if it's the government-employed teachers who are watching it, the government has a decision to make, and the only moral one is to help them. Anyone going against that is as immoral as the hoodrats you whine about.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:44 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:

For a state with the best Education in the Nation , we still neglect our Urban Areas , and that leads to irresponsible / unsafe sex and monetary issues. We need to invest into our Urban areas more , although i believe Newark , Elizabeth , & Jersey City have that under control. We also need to stop looking away form our Urban areas. Urban Renewal and reinvestments our are future in this state at least.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:52 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
They all have money for cell phones, high definition tv, $500 limited edition sneakers and 2k rims. They should sell their rims and buy their kids a sandwich.

and you know this because? You have investigated every poor person in America to know this for a fact? How are we suppose to know you yourself is not a "hoodrat"? I've never met one to know what that is.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
and you know this because? You have investigated every poor person in America to know this for a fact? How are we suppose to know you yourself is not a "hoodrat"? I've never met one to know what that is.

Yes I conducted a poll. They all have 8 kids, cell phones, rims, weaves, and $500 limited edition sneakers.

You know I am not a hoodrat because I don't support welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey