U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 PM

562 posts, read 2,510,108 times

Advertisements

hello all.. i'm posting b/c recently i drove by Elizabeth Seaport redevelopment section.. i was surprise to find that approx 5 blocks that were demo last year have started construction.. there is a shopping center being constructed, a large school, and many new 2 family homes.. not to mention that all the brickface building are beeing remodel to be condos.. with the Ferry Service being constructed by Jersey Gardens and the trail that will be connecting the seaport section to Ferry, this seems like a good opportunity to buy straight from builders as pre constructions.. i just felt like sharing this info with you all since it'll be a good opportunity for people (like myself) who have a bit of financial stability and will like to invest on property.
again i don't benefit from posting this info, i just find it to be a good opportunity.. of course do some more research for yourself.. go to the city's website.. there is a link to ELizabeth's master plan which details all the projects for this year.. drive by the area.. go to city hall.. etc..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 03:07 AM

1,346 posts, read 1,906,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
hello all.. i'm posting b/c recently i drove by Elizabeth Seaport redevelopment section.. i was surprise to find that approx 5 blocks that were demo last year have started construction.. there is a shopping center being constructed, a large school, and many new 2 family homes.. not to mention that all the brickface building are beeing remodel to be condos.. with the Ferry Service being constructed by Jersey Gardens and the trail that will be connecting the seaport section to Ferry, this seems like a good opportunity to buy straight from builders as pre constructions.. i just felt like sharing this info with you all since it'll be a good opportunity for people (like myself) who have a bit of financial stability and will like to invest on property.
again i don't benefit from posting this info, i just find it to be a good opportunity.. of course do some more research for yourself.. go to the city's website.. there is a link to ELizabeth's master plan which details all the projects for this year.. drive by the area.. go to city hall.. etc..
if you like living on brownfields, sure it might be worth a look

Old 06-12-2007, 11:38 AM

brownfields was the area where Jersey Gardens sits.. seaport section does not sit on any brownfield.. it'll be good now to buy (pre construction = cheaper) and when ferry is complete you can sell for a profit.. that's why i said it might be a good investment opportunity.. I already have one property down there.. thinking about buying another one.. :-)

Old 06-12-2007, 02:10 PM

1,346 posts, read 1,906,597 times
Quote:
brownfields was the area where Jersey Gardens sits.. seaport section does not sit on any brownfield.. it'll be good now to buy (pre construction = cheaper) and when ferry is complete you can sell for a profit.. that's why i said it might be a good investment opportunity.. I already have one property down there.. thinking about buying another one.. :-)
believe what you like

Old 06-12-2007, 10:17 PM

same to you.. your comments were so constructive.. i wish i could have those 5 minutes back that i wasted responding to you..

Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,204,120 times
Quote:
Yes, I like that area very much since there is a great Kidswold, IKEA and Jersey Garden, and I often get this wonderful Country Inn and Suites 2.5* at $42 from priceline. I guess, if I invest there, I can deduct my cost going there and stay at hotel there ...

I myself believe any condo or townhouse as long as near or "connected" to Wall St with easy commute is very good investment.

NYC is booming and the city revenue soar and gave out lots of tax benefit, so it is going to continue booming. Huge Wall St bonus this year benefit a lot the condo/townhouse community along train line and ferry area to Wall St.

But a successful investment also depend on good management. So, I would suggest that you create a Community Yahoo Group to the community.

For example, we have a Community Yahoo group for Edison Hollow South that help investors, owners, landlord, tenants, contractors ...etc. so with over 500 members and dozens of prospective buyers lined up, the value will preserve if not continue moving up.

So, you could do this too... and invite current owners, tenants, realtors and prospective investors (e.g. PM to you) to join and continue providing info and share info and good living experience. You would be sure that your investment will be very successful in the long run ...

Old 06-17-2007, 10:31 PM

thanks for the constructive comments..
i find this very interesting, I never thought of that.. will look into it as I don't have the luxury of much time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs View Post
Yes, I like that area very much since there is a great Kidswold, IKEA and Jersey Garden, and I often get this wonderful Country Inn and Suites 2.5* at $42 from priceline. I guess, if I invest there, I can deduct my cost going there and stay at hotel there ...

I myself believe any condo or townhouse as long as near or "connected" to Wall St with easy commute is very good investment.

NYC is booming and the city revenue soar and gave out lots of tax benefit, so it is going to continue booming. Huge Wall St bonus this year benefit a lot the condo/townhouse community along train line and ferry area to Wall St.

But a successful investment also depend on good management. So, I would suggest that you create a Community Yahoo Group to the community.

For example, we have a Community Yahoo group for Edison Hollow South that help investors, owners, landlord, tenants, contractors ...etc. so with over 500 members and dozens of prospective buyers lined up, the value will preserve if not continue moving up.

So, you could do this too... and invite current owners, tenants, realtors and prospective investors (e.g. PM to you) to join and continue providing info and share info and good living experience. You would be sure that your investment will be very successful in the long run ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: