Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:12 PM

478 posts, read 1,749,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
A standard NJ traffic violations form has a space for the statute and a brief description of that violation or a check box for the most common. There is not space on the form issued the motorist to list any details of the stop. So "seeing" the summons is worthless. "Seeing" the summons proves absolutely nothing.

The actual statute reads:

[LEFT](q) All persons shall heed and comply with the directions of the regional park
police and other employees of the commission and the directions of all traffic[/LEFT]
signs and signals

I'm guessing your only experience with motor vehicle enforcement is taking possession of a summons and whining about it.

Come to NJ its almost 95 today May 1st..its a NJ forum your posting at!
So posting messages on every site linked in any way to NJ and complaining how it is only for revenue enhancement is childish.

So either plead Not Guilty and come to court with a valid defense or plead Guilty. There is no choice three.

Except fines from Title 39 violations go to the state and not the issuing agencies towns. Once again a urban legend is foiled. Add to that, the graphics are a decal easily removable. No one "pints" it on any longer.
rscalzo..I believe that cold weather in Epping, NH (where-ever that is) is affecting your brain!

Come to NJ..its almost 93 today..get a tan relax and have a beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 PM

912 posts, read 2,445,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_user View Post
No, in PIP - Palisades Interstate Parkway. Has anyone fought a ticket in PIP court and won?
LOL. How that joke of a police department hasn't yet been disbanded is a mystery.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
Quote:
cold weather in Epping, NH
Quote:

..its almost 93 today
Due most likely from all the hot air coming out of the typical NJ resident. I escaped from that dump. Why would I ever come back?

It's in the high 80's and I have 30 plus years experience in those matters. Do you? doubt it.

So, either plead Guilty or Not Guilty. Whinning here proves nothing. Add to that a better story.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,229 times
I just received one yesterday coming from Philadelphia and entering NJ, they hit me for "Disregard of Turnpike Signs". Was on a small U-Haul passing another driver but maintained speed limit. He asked me where I was coming and going. I was confused because they had an actual other highway to the left specifically made for cars. Mine were driven mainly by trucks; a truck couldn't pass other trucks??

Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default Iron Mike and the late Somerset co prosecutor

Most of the time you will lose, however, if you take a sober look at the facts and laws and still feel confident, then go for it.

Excellent advice re charts and photos but no guarantee. Better to have a 2nd person with a camera to avoid having to pull over where only emergency stopping is allowed.

I got a ticket for disregarding a traffic light I never passed through. Cop gives me a ticket and says I can just pay it, don't need to to go to court. That was volunteered without prompting.

Went to court, told the judge what happened and he found in my favor. Veteran cop was at a loss for words.

A ticket may be tossed if the cop who issued it doesn't show. Had that happen once.

Lot of legal abuse and politics goes on by cops. Local judge threw out all the tickets written by cops who set up shop when a 25mph limit was posted to replace the 40 mph signs. Oops a mistake, the 40mph signs have now replaced the 25 mph signs.

Used to be able to check if lights and signs were 'approved' by the state. If not 'approved' many cases were dismissed. Seem to recall a law that may have closed that loophole.

Lot of good cops out there, a lot, but like every other profession there are those less than ethical or under pressure to write tickets. Include judges in that mix. It is up to you to test the system if you can objectively understand the circumstances and consider how laws may be interpreted... and your principles exert greater force than your pocketbook on any decisions.

Depending on how involved you want to get, you might find out how many other tickets were issued and cite that fact to the judge who may consider cases differently if faced with a ticket blitz. Then again some decisions might lead johnQpublic to conclude all is not well in the kingdom of law.

Too bad laws were not written to be understood by the public who are constrained by their weight. Instead we need lawyers and judges and wannabe cop/lawyers to subjectively mete out and enforce interpretive justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey